PDA

View Full Version : Are We Going To Need New Additives With Lower Sulfur Fuels?

TurboDiverArt
12-13-2004, 02:45
Hi All,

Just curious. I know that the lower sulfur fuels are to be mandated in 2007. I read somewhere that in some areas the switch has already occurred. Does anyone know if we are going to need to use different additives when this fuel hits? I use half of a bottle of Stanadyne Performance Formula at fill up, usually 25 gallons of fuel. Will this have enough lubricity to lubricate the new fuel?

My truck

gmctd
12-13-2004, 04:38
My Doctor sez 2oz two-cycle motor oil per tank (think he has the small tanks, so adjust to suit), plus cetane improver\lubricity formula, plus 8oz STP Red with each oil change should do the trick. ;)

moondoggie
12-13-2004, 09:14
Good Day!

I called Stanadyne & they told me their Lubricity Formula has 4 - 5 x the lubricity additive that Performance Formula has. They said they're already selling ultra-low sulfur diesel in CA, which surprised me. They said LF is having no trouble keeping these pumps from failing with this fuel. (Of course, these are the same folks that gave us the FSD.)

I am presently running PF; I will be running both by 07.

Blessings!

Brian Johnson, #5044

john8662
12-13-2004, 10:19
If it ain't enough that we have to pay way more than gas for diesel fuel, we have to put extra stuff in the tank to keep the injection stuff working! Just saying its NOT economical to own a diesel in the U.S. OK, I'm, done ranting, I would run the Stanadyne peformance formula, but my pumps don't last more than 50k anyways.