08-23-2007, 17:23
Finally got around to doing a good mileage check on the DaHooooley
1995 3500 4X4 with 6.5 TD
Banks stinger exhaust
4.10 gears in the diff
4L80E
235/85/16 tires

Local city and commute to and from the Ranch = 15 mpg
Freeway running at 60-70 mph today with dry road = 18mpg (240 miles)

Not at all too bad for a truck that weighs 7100lbs

Just something to think about or compare.

Robyn

moondoggie
08-24-2007, 08:55
Good Day!

Terrific! What would be REAL interesting is why some folks with duallies do so poorly. I vaguely remember reading posts over the years of duallies only getting 12 or so, regardless of driving conditions. I always felt that this was a fix-able situation - my personal best on the 95 pickup is 23.0 mpg (one tank, to northern MN), backed up by two other trips of 22.5 & 22.8 mpg (upper & lower peninsula of MI).

Thanks for your update (& everything else you do to make the Page home) & Blessings!

Robyn
08-24-2007, 13:40
Blushing a little, Thanks :o:o:):D

My dually has a visor on it too which Im sure is not helping the aerodynamics any.

A 7000# truck doing anything in that area is not at all bad by my book.

Better gears with less revs might help but then the critter would suffer in the go dept. :eek:

Sure fun to be able to smoke the hides at a stop light.:D

later
Robyn

JohnC
08-24-2007, 14:40
I was never able to do much better with my 2500 with 3.73 gears. Must be the visor...

Shikaroka
08-25-2007, 07:21
That's better then I've ever gotten with my Burb, and I got 3.73s in it now.

Speaking of smoking the hides. I can't do that in my Burb either! Should I be able to?

Robyn
08-25-2007, 14:24
Well I know this, it will sure waste a lot of good driving miles in a hurry :D

Looks spectacular at a stop light unless its a cop thats watching :eek:

Will keep the local punks with there dads Ford PSD from hastling me more than once about wanting to runemoff.. :D:D

My Burb wont do it, not even.
This dually is so much different than any 6.5 I have ever owned or driven.
Just runs sweet.
A light powerbrake and the duals come loose and from there its easy, just hold second gear and romp the sucker and the little 6.5 roars and the tires scream for mercy. OMG what a smoke show :eek:

Got a couple kids one night late here in front of the shop wanting to screw around, I lit the hides way up untill the DaHooooley was all but shrouded with smoke. When the smoke cleared the punks were gone.

Hmmm magic kid removal trick. :) Only problem was the local cop sitting across the street had taken notice of my little stunt. Luckily he knows me well and just laughed. :rolleyes:

Oh to be young again.

Robyn