PDA

View Full Version : Converting 6.2 Banks Turbo Back to Natural Aspiration

Jason Holcomb
08-22-2007, 13:26
I sold my '89 Suburban with 6.2 diesel and Banks Turbo to some friends who don't have a lot of money. The turbo may be on its way out, and I am wondering what it takes to go back to the natural aspiration. I think it needs the intake manifold and possibly exhaust manifold on the passenger's side. Anything else? It seems it might be cheaper to just go back to the natural aspiration, but can you recommend a better option? Thank you!

Slim shady
08-22-2007, 16:10
I have sent you a PM regarding the parts you need.

john8662
08-23-2007, 12:32
The turbo used on the Banks setup is extremely easy to get rebuilt by a turbo rebuilder.

You can usually get one rebuilt with a warranty for 350 shipped back to your door.

Majestic Turbo www.majesticturbo.com can handle this if you choose to.

J

ccatlett1984
08-23-2007, 17:22
I live near Detroit, and was able to get mine rebuilt at a local shop for $400 with a full 1year warranty

moondoggie
08-24-2007, 09:07
Good Day!

Maybe they could just get their foot out of it when it makes black smoke & drive it that way until the $350-$400 mentioned above appears. Or, turn the screw down a little.

I've been that broke; it still seems a shame to go backwards - when they can get the turbo rebuilt, they'll be rewarded by even better mpg - not much, but at $3 a gallon, it all adds up, eh? ;)

Good Luck & Blessings!