PDA

View Full Version : Waiting on Promotion

Steelheader
08-20-2007, 22:32
Well fellas, I am waiting on word for the promotion I went for at work. If I get the promotion it will significantly increase my monthly income by approx. $1800 a month. This will allow me to purchase the truck of my dreams. I want to get the GMC 2500HD CC 4X4 LTZ fully loaded. The truck I want will MSRP @ 54K. If I purchase this vehicle through carsdirect.com, I can get it for $44,800.

I have a '94 Chevy Silverado 2500 6.5TD 4X4 that I am going to sell and hopefully get 7K out of it. It only has 137K on the odometer and I have put a 4" Pinnacle Power exhaust and upgraded the coolant system to a '97 with a 130gpm h2o pump, and dual thermostats. I also put 8 new injectors in a week ago. Does 7K sound reasonable?

The wife wants me to also sell my '98 Jeep Wrangler that I bought new 10 years ago. This is something I DO NOT want to do. I have invested alot of my blood, sweat and gears into that Jeep, and want to get rid of it only when I buy an '05, or '06 Unlimited. As you can tell, I buy vehicles, and I keep them. She wants me to sell it so we can lower our monthly payment even more than by selling just the truck. What my question is...What interest rate have some of you guys gotten on your trucks? I will shop around for a good rate. Also, what is the amount of months you have financed the truck for? As I said, I keep my vehicles, so long term financing doesn't bother me if I can get a decent interest rate. Right now my credit union has 5.99% for 72 months. Are there any better interest rates than that out there for 72, or more months? TIA :cool:

More Power
08-21-2007, 13:42
Before buying through the Internet, I'd suggest talking to your local dealer. Tell him what you can buy the truck for. He might be willing to meet that price or get close enough. He will also know of any current or near term rebates or low interest deals. Name recognition at your local dealer might help if you need service at some future point. It does around here... ;)

Jim

DarylB
08-21-2007, 15:40
6.59% up to 84mos

Steelheader
08-21-2007, 17:37
Thanks for the replies fellas. I found out today, I didn't get the promotion. :(

So, it looks like I gotta sell the Jeep also if I want a new LMM. I am still interested on what rates some of you guys have got for the high month financing. 6.59 for 84 months is reasonable in my eyes. Anyone out there get any lower?

Daryl, if you don't mind me asking, is that through a local credit union/bank, or do you have an account with a nationally syndicated financing service?

gillguy
08-22-2007, 12:51
I bought my '07 2500HD 4X4 CC Classic 0%.
If your not in a big rush to buy and really want the LMM wait another month or so, they will offer 0% on the new body style too.

Steelheader
08-22-2007, 13:21
I bought my '07 2500HD 4X4 CC Classic 0%.
If your not in a big rush to buy and really want the LMM wait another month or so, they will offer 0% on the new body style too.

Awesome news to hear. Do you know how many months of financing the 0% will be for? 0% for 72 months will move these trucks fast, IMHO. I am not in a big rush to get the truck, so waiting a month or so is no biggie.
Thanks for the info.

Dakster
08-22-2007, 17:44
Steelheader,

What area of the country are you in? I *might* be interested in your Jeep when the time comes. It may not make sense if we are too far apart though!

Sorry you didn't get the promotion! I'm going for one right now as well. Although it will take a few months to find out if I am eligible and probably 2 years from today to get it if I am. Long waiting time eats at you...

DarylB
08-22-2007, 19:08
It's from redcanoe credit union http://www.redcanoecu.com/ , formerly Weyerhaeuser Employees Credit Union. I think anyone can join now. I took the $4000 rebate on the Classic in lieu of the 0% for 60mos in addtion to the $1000 bonus cash and $3500 GM card earnings. I needed a smaller payment till my son is out of daycare next year, then I can pay it down quicker.

Steelheader
08-23-2007, 17:11
Dak, I live in Crescent city, CA. It's on the coast @ 20 miles south of the Oregon border.

Thanks for the info DarylB.

Dakster
08-24-2007, 06:07
I don't think we could be too much further apart... I am in South Florida... Ohh well, it was a thought.

AndyG
08-24-2007, 09:23
Hey Steelheader! My mom lives in Crescent City!

gillguy
08-26-2007, 18:32
Saw an '07 with the 0% on the windshield. Sales must be slow.