PDA

View Full Version : St Model owners ??

Jarmstrong
08-11-2007, 09:24
I know in today's age the ownership of one of these trucks is more of a status symbol than anything. that does not apply to owners that use them as trucks but to the soccer dads and moms who just want a big diesel truck.
are there any base model guys out there? I'm looking at a brand new classic 2500HD 4 door, 8ft bed with 4x4 and D/A as the only big options.

How are the manual window's and door locks, think i'll get sick of them? I've only had reg. cab trucks and never with power windows or locks. My wife will be driving the truck for the next year or two until I take it to use as a shoeing rig (horseshoeing). she's coming from a 4 door tundra will all the bells and wistles

I guess I'm just rambling and wondering if there's any st owners that wish they went for the power options. can cruise be added to these trucks? I can't remeber if it had it. What's the gvwr (9200?) and empty weight of this truck. think about the tongue weight of a gooseneck...my f350 is only 9000 but it only weights 6300 loaded up
thanks
-Jason

More Power
08-22-2007, 10:43
Unless GM has changed things, you can add cruise control simply (or not) by replacing the multi-function lever (turn signal stalk & switch assy.). The ECM likely has the same programming (as far as cruise is concerned) as the upscale trucks.

Things I've grown accustomed to: A/C. Cruise control. Compass, temp & auto dimming rear view mirror. Power adjust side mirrors.

Power windows are great when they work. A couple of the vehicles I've owned over the past 25 years developed pwr window problems. Nothing makes your day like buzzing the window down to get the newspaper on a cold winter morning (on your way to work), and then have the window not go back up.... :(

Jim

DarylB
08-22-2007, 13:11
I just traded for a 2007 Classic Crew Cab 4x4. Plain truck + cruise, diesel, allison and a few other options. No power locks or windows. If you get a crew cab, and carry anyone - I'd highly recommend aftermarket keyless entry/power locks. Crank windows are not as bad.

Colorado Kid
08-23-2007, 08:32
My '96 is the last fullsize pickup I'll own without power locks. When I was young it was no big deal, but my shoulder doesn't like to stretch way over there to unlock or lock the passenger door. From now on the absence of power locks is a deal-breaker.