PDA

View Full Version : LB7 fuel milage gone bad

cmwilga
08-07-2007, 21:55
I have a 02' with 85,000 miles on it that recently received it's second set of injectors. When I bought the truck new I was getting around 18-20 mpg highway around 17 in town. seems like after the first injector replacement the economy dropped off to around 16-17 highway. Now after the second set I am only getting about 13-14 mpg. I pulled a 20' cattle trailer today total weight 6500 lbs. and got less then 10 mpg. I noticed the truck very sluggish and not maintaining cruise speed when going up the gradual inclines on the highway. when truck was new and going down the same route loaded at around 12,000 lbs. truck performed excellant. The service manager at the dealership acts like he don't want to hear it when I tell him about the economy drop after the injectors. I have a new fuel filter with around 4,000 miles on it air filter has 5,000 on it. I'm clueless. Got me wanting to trade in for an 07' but really can't afford it right now. I have about 20 days left on my 5 year 100,000 mile warranty and if there is something wrong i'd like to get it fixed before warranty is up.