PDA

View Full Version : Oil plumbing for cooler, turbo and pressure sender.

ozbrad
08-03-2007, 05:31
G'day,

Here is a pic of the turbo set up. It was taken a few months ago and the chassis has progressed alot - the engine not too much. I'm not sure if that spacer between the turbo and the manifold will stay or be remade to be a little less restrictive.

But what I'm hoping to get some suggestions on is:

Where holes over the filter are in and out for the cooler?
Where is the best place to take pressure for the turbo?
Do I have to restrict the turbo feed with an oriface?
Where is the OE location for the oil pressure gauge / sender unit?

Cheers,

Brad.

john8662
08-03-2007, 08:35
Hmm, did you mean to put the turbo on the opposite side that it's normally mounted?

I'm just wondering where the downpipe is going to go...

For oil pressure, you've got a few places to get oil pressure. One of which is the normal place where the oil pressure sender is located, which is on the back of the engine just above the bellhousing mounting area for the trans, but on the driver's side of the engine, below the deck/head mount.

Another place is loated just beside the cooler line connections on the side of the block just above the oil filter mount.

No restrictor necessary for the turbo.

J

Robyn
08-03-2007, 08:42
The two large ports above the filter are for the cooler.
It does not make much difference which goes where unless your cooler has a specific port that says in or out or (Direction of flow)

If you need to know just open the ports and crank the engine on the starter until oil flows out andthen you will know which is the delivery port.

Robyn

ozbrad
08-03-2007, 18:06
Hmm, did you mean to put the turbo on the opposite side that it's normally mounted?

I'm just wondering where the downpipe is going to go...
J

Yeah, Gives me a lot more room for the steering box if the cross over is under the frontand the exhaust is on the LHS.
You see, you americans watch too many movies - everone knows you're ment to drive on the left side of the road. Only in the movies do peole drve on the right side ;)

See side photo for exhaust / down pipe.

So is this mark up for oil ports correct??