PDA

View Full Version : 6.2 specs

Randy H
07-23-2007, 10:15
Anyone know what the hp and torque specs are for a 1986 6.2?

john8662
07-23-2007, 12:09
Hello!

Welcome aboard.

Hmm, Engines make HP and TQ? ;)

All kidding aside, the output of the 6.2 depends on which version it is, C or J.

Do some searching here on the forums, because you'll answer the C vs J debate quickly.

IIRC the HP number for an '86 6.2L could be either 135HP (C) or 145HP (J).

Oh, careful on the posting, if you use your browsers "back" and "forward" buttons before or after posting a new thread (what this is) then sometimes you'll make duplicates.

J

Randy H
07-23-2007, 14:25
It is a 1986 suburban. How do you know if it is a C or J? I would like to put it in 89 suburban that pulls a race car. I would rebuild it first, and would like to add a turbo.
I hit the enter key 3 times, missed the up key, thats why the tripple posting.

Randy

bigeasy
07-24-2007, 06:34
C = Civilian
J = Military and a few others

Subzilla
07-24-2007, 07:25
The J's came in alot of 3/4 ton Subs/pick-ups and can most easily be identified by the lack of egr in the intake. Just remove the air cleaner cover and check for that big, ugly obstruction right in the middle of the intake. The J's will have a dual plenum and I believe the military Hummers actually have a single plenum. I'm not even sure they called that a J engine.

My 3/4 Sub came with the J and my Blazer came with the C. I ebayed a J intake, removed the egr/intake from the Blazer and installed the J intake for some additional horses and throttle responce.