PDA

View Full Version : GM vertical towing mirrors

Tractorhauler
07-13-2007, 14:47
The stock vertical towing mirrors that GM has now with the little rectangular convex at the bottom.......are these mirrors useful and safe for hauling? I haul with a 32 foot GN.

I know the mirrors on my new 07 will not be satisfactory. How do the GM stock compare to the TTT mirror that I have been reading about?

I have seen the new ones but have never hauled or driven with them. I always thought that the wide tow mirrors on my 2002 were a bit rediculous.........too wide but not near tall enough so I had to put my own convex sticky mirror on to make them work.

Mark

WILLYD-MAX
07-13-2007, 16:02
They are pretty good as long as you don't pull a covered trailer that is 102" to 104" wide. They are still not as good as the TTT. I pull with both.

Kennedy
07-15-2007, 05:11
I took the factory "crooked" mirrors (what were they thinking?) off of my 2007 and sold them.

My take on the problems with them:

1) Too tall that they give too much blind spot. The TTT are shorter for less blind spot yet provide plenty of view.

2) Main (flat) glass field of view is just a bit too narrow.

3) Spotter (convex) glass field of view is far too "vertically challenged." The TTT convex is rectangular, much taller, and the convex feature wraps both vertically and horizontally.

4) I also dislike the over/under config of these mirrors. The TTT inner/outer works better for me and puts the spotter in what would be wasted space. Works quite well for seeing those idiots who like to drive in or near your blind spot.

Tractorhauler
07-15-2007, 05:44
Are TTT pretty easy to install? Do all the functions work properly ie. heat, blinker, movement?

Mark

CoachWagner
07-16-2007, 23:03
I installed the TTT's on my 03 myself and love them. The instructions were perfect. I got the heated ones with lights and all the GM connections worked as described. I did have to wire in the running lights but the instructions spelled it out perfectly. If you consider yourself the least bit handy and can handle simple auto electrical I would say to do it yourself. At first I thought they were pricey but I just purchased a 34' travel trailer and I would never give up my TTT's now.

mr. monte
08-04-2007, 14:48
may I ask what the TTT mirrors are:confused:

had a 04 w/the elec extendeing (always stuck):mad:
now a 07 classic w/the camper one, not crazy about them:mad:

NutNbutGMC
08-04-2007, 15:30
may I ask what the TTT mirrors are:confused:

==> Searched this very forum and found this<== (http://www.thedieselpage.com/reviews/TTTmirror.htm)

mr. monte
08-04-2007, 15:37
thanks, those are NICE :cool:

I think I'll get a price on them :D