PDA

View Full Version : vacum lines

oldmechanic
07-09-2007, 09:01
I have a 94 6.5 that I reassembled the engine after some else took apart & I need a diagram of how the vacum lines are routed. I know 1 goes to waste gate but need to know where the others go . can any one out there help me?
thanks Cecil

Robyn
07-09-2007, 21:20
The lines run from the Vacuum pump to the wastegate solenoid on the LH Valve cover and then from the solenoid to the wategate actuator.
If you have EGR its a tad more complex. Which truck do you have??

1500 or 2500???

Let us know and we can dig the info from the factory books

Robyn

oldmechanic
07-10-2007, 19:07
it is the 2500 with out egr it has 3 vacum relays on left rear of engine & a switch with 3 wires & vacum line on fire wall.

Robyn
07-10-2007, 22:35
There should only be one vacuum device on the LH rear of the valve cover. Are you sure this is the original engine??

oldmechanic
07-11-2007, 07:31
it is not orignal it is out of later model but do not know what year

Cecil

JohnC
07-11-2007, 10:44
If it has 3 vacuum solenoids it's set up for EGR.

If it really doesn't have EGR, all you need is a line from the vacuum pump to the front solenoid. Use the port with the restriction in it. Connect the unrestricted port to the wastegate actuator.

If it has EGR, the pump line gets split and connected to the two front solenoids, both ports with restirictors. The outlet of the second solenoid connects to the inlet of th third and the outlet of the third connects to the map sensor on the firewall and the EGR valve through a "T" fitting.

oldmechanic
07-11-2007, 15:05
that solves the problem the orgnal must have had egr & they transfered the solenoids from old to new,will hook like non egr & go from there may have more questions when I try to start . all of my experence is with manual pumps.
thanks for the help

Cecil