PDA

View Full Version : TTT Mirror Install/Design Question

2YD
07-08-2007, 09:07
Recently I installed the TTT mirrors and it went really well; I think. Prior to buttoning up the door panels and dash I tested the power mirror adjustment, lights etc... and all looks good. Anyway I head out for vacation week and I notice the right hand side mirror when extended doesn't have power adjust, but when pushed-in all the way it does. When extended, all lights & turn signals work but not the power adjustable mirror. Is this a design of the mirror or did I forget something during the install?

a5150nut
07-08-2007, 10:00
First guess would be loose or stretched wire. If the lights are working I would think the ground side is OK.

Buck
07-12-2007, 00:48
Mine always work extended or not. I would say a loose/stretched wire to.

2YD
07-12-2007, 09:42
If it is a loose or stretched wire would this be internal to the TTT arm system? Alternatively does the length of the cross-dash wire need to be as long as necessary with the mirror fully extended? That is on extension would the mirror be taking up slack wire from inside the passenger door? Call is in to vendor who has forwarded query to TTT.

Many thanks.

joncar
08-26-2007, 12:16
i think trouble is in mirror housing itself..i have installed a set on schafenacker ttt's on my 2004 gmc 2500hd, no problem at all..i would contact the mirror company..they should be able to help you..hope all ends well...joncar

2YD
08-26-2007, 19:01
Forgot about the thread for awhile but to report back it was an internal mirror issue and TTT RMA'd a new mirror back to me. All's well on reinstall and couldn't be happier with the overall quality of the product. In fact as one who wasn't used to using side mirrors I now feel very confident in "trusting your mirrors" when backing up than ever before.

Thanks to everyone for their $.02