PDA

View Full Version : SSDiesel Performance Air Induction Kit

fshope
04-03-2005, 18:58
I recently replaced the old air box with a new SSDiesel Performance Air Induction Kit (92-96, 99-20000). http://www.ssdieselsupply.com/product_65_SSDiesel_Performance_Air_Induction_Kit. html#anchor_pimage

The power and increased performance are well worth the price. During a recent trip in the Southwest I ran into 40-60 mph head winds and had several long up hill pulls, I averaged 17 mpg. My boost pressure never droped bellow 6 and averaged 8 because of the wind. Biggest draw back is a little turbo noise (wife says it sounds like a jet). :D

markrinker
04-04-2005, 04:44
I have one on order for truck #2, have been running it with stock paper filters, changed every 3-5K miles. I decided to replace the stock setup in an attempt to lessen oil consumption - trying to reduce vaccuum at the intake boot between filter housing and turbo that draws too much oil vapor through the CDR.

I am concerned about one thing, however - drawing HOT underhood air, especially while towing in the summertime. No intercooler here.

Anyone come up with a cold air solution to this? How about a hole in the hood and turn the thing 45 degrees so it sticks out.

Now THAT would make you look like a redneck!

Kennedy
04-04-2005, 11:50
http://www.kennedydiesel.com/afeintake6265-54-10732.pdf

http://www.kennedydiesel.com/categoryresults2.cfm?Category=2&SubCategory=156

nvmtnlion
04-04-2005, 16:40
JK,

How does this filter compare to the SS unit? I see that there is an air dam to assist in routing cold fender air in rather than just breathing hot under hood air.

As far as the filter element, in an apples to apples comparison, is the AFE better than the K&N element on the other unit? What is the major thing that justifies the difference in the prices?

I am in the market for a new filter as I have the POS flat one in my truck and I really want to buy only one.

Thanks!

GMC Hauler
04-04-2005, 16:43
My question about the SS Diesel filter is this: how easy is it to clean the inside pleats of the filter?

I am not a fan of the gauze type air filter, based on many posts in this forum stating that the foam filter is better at keeping the dirt out. John, what is their pro-guard filter, and can you elaborate more on it's effectiveness vs the other filter, flow rate, ect?

I need a new filter system, as I am using the 96 airbox and a K&N filter that came with the truck.

John, what have you seen, if any, in increases in intake air temp/pyrometer using this setup? Does the shroud do a decent enough job keeping the heat out?

Thanks in advance.

S\W Off Road
04-04-2005, 16:46
Do you really expect someone to pay $395.00 plus shipping for an air filter?

Originally posted by kennedy:

http://www.kennedydiesel.com/categoryresults2.cfm?Category=2&SubCategory=156

CareyWeber
04-04-2005, 17:38
Originally posted by kennedy:

http://www.kennedydiesel.com/categoryresults2.cfm?Category=2&SubCategory=156 John,

Can just the tube be purchased?

Carey

fshope
04-04-2005, 20:21
Since we are not into summer yet, it is hard to know how the under temps will impact my unit. However, I noticed that under boost I had no greater temp reading on my pyrometer. At 10-12# of boost the pyrometer showed temp of 600-650. I have cooling mods and ran a constant block temp of 190. I was not pulling a trailer so I will wait to see.

The only thing I may add is the pre-filter sock. The grooves are easier to clean than my old K&N box filter, easy access and easy clean up.
:cool:

C.K. Piquup
04-05-2005, 02:28
Both of these filters are new to me.You can buy elbow pieces.Contrary to popular practice,I have never removed the snorkle because I feel what you lose in cold-air intake balances-out the gain in air volume.I have the late-model round-type filter on my`92 and I plan to install a KW T100($18+/-) intake grille in my r/f fender and draw it straight into filter.

Kennedy
04-05-2005, 04:32
I have never been a fan of the gauze type filters so the only way that I am offering this kit is with the ProGuard 7 media. The PG7 media is a special 7 ply weave that handles filtration on high volume diesel engines much better. This is a kit only item. Replacement elements, and prefilter socks are available seperately.

rjschoolcraft
04-05-2005, 04:55
Originally posted by S\W Off Road:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by kennedy:

http://www.kennedydiesel.com/categoryresults2.cfm?Category=2&SubCategory=156 </font>[/QUOTE]Please don't start with the negative attacks again...

If you think the price is too high, don't buy it. The others here are capable of making informed decisions.

You can say, "The price is a little high" or "That's too expensive for me" or other non-offensive phraseology to get your point across. Personal attacks against a supporting vendor are not appropriate.

arrowheadracing
04-05-2005, 06:56
I ve seen some as cheap as $75 on ebay for setups with KN filters. There wasnt a air deflector box like JK's. But I am sure somone could fabricate one if they wanted.

As for the negative attack post. :rolleyes: Not sure if I agree or disagree with it. BUT one thing to think about people , is that the materials may cost $50, so $395 seems like alot. BUT its the engineering that makes the price higher.

If you can make one yourself, then you can apperciate the time you put into it. smile.gif If you cant make one yourself, then you lose the apperication of what it took to design , test and eventually market the product. :(

With JK , though I personally havent bought anything from him , you get knowledge and service with your purchase. From my understanding JK is good at backing up his products. So there is another thing to consider when you buy your product. If you have a problem with it, will the vendor know or respond to your problem ? Figure all that stuff into the cost of a product before you buy it. You may realize in essence your getting a pretty good deal then. tongue.gif

Just my 2 cents...... :D

nvmtnlion
04-05-2005, 07:12
Thanks John, That is exactly what I was looking for. I had originally envisioned getting some kind of aftermarket intake and then cutting a bigger hole where the current intake breathes from and following gmctd's advice remoting my FSD in there. Then, I was going to fab a box around the intake killing 2 birds with one stone. The AFE is quite a bit more expensive but at the very least it is another option. Thanks!

S\W Off Road
04-05-2005, 14:38
ronniejoe

It is not an attack, it is a valid question. But please if you find it necessary to attack me, also a paying member, please fill free to email me so that I am not chastised by you in public. I hope that the other venders are provided the same protection by you the same way that you over zealously protect J.K. We have gone here before and again you open up a can of worms what members opinions on products are not valued if they question them or is it just J.K. products? Still obviously a conflict of interest for a moderator. I still state that the price for an air filter at this cost is excessive, but my opinion is obviously not welcome here so I will no longer comment on it. Please don

BUZZ
04-05-2005, 17:15
Well I guess since I pay to play on the site, then I get a say as well.

I don't care much for anybody telling me how to phrase myself.

Now relize this JK makes a few things, but not many. He probably has had design input to some large OEM's that make products for the automotive industry

This air box is from AFE. Go to their web site and you can pay or not, 450.00 retail. Or if you want buy from a franchised distribuor at a discount.

Kennedy IC is $400.00 more if you buy direct from Spearco, or buy from a franchised distributor at a discount.

His 3,5 exhaust is from a high end shop and you can buy direct as well for about 300.00 more, or buy from a franchised distributor at a discount.

Distribution guys, is how I make my living.

Don't tell me what to say or how to say it.

Have fun on me
Buzz

BUZZ
04-05-2005, 17:18

GMC Hauler
04-05-2005, 18:25
BUZZ,

When were you in the Navy and what'd you do?

C.K. Piquup
04-07-2005, 03:06
"That price is a LITTLE high."Even though I make decent money,"that`s TOO expensive for me".This coming from a person that paid $8,400 for a Peninsular300hp.No offense,please.I think it`s cool JK sells things for less than the maker.Some products seem to be good ideas,but if they`re priced way beyond the point of cost effectiveness,well,good luck.Once again,no offense,this is how I feel about the Mag hy-tec diff-covers.I`ve never had a rear go up because of metal shavings.If a part is deteriorating that badly,it`ll need rebuilding anyway.If you change fluid regularly,you`ll be aware of the shavings(use magnet)and can make a decision whether or not to go inside for inspection/service.I think they`re a great idea,but they cost about what you can buy a ring & pinion and carrier bearings for.I`ll probably get flamed,oh well.Just though I`d use"another"example.And,it`s just my opinion.Do what you want.

Cowracer
04-07-2005, 04:32
Originally posted by ronniejoe:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by S\W Off Road:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by kennedy:

http://www.kennedydiesel.com/categoryresults2.cfm?Category=2&SubCategory=156 </font>[/QUOTE]Please don't start with the negative attacks again...

If you think the price is too high, don't buy it. The others here are capable of making informed decisions.

You can say, "The price is a little high" or "That's too expensive for me" or other non-offensive phraseology to get your point across. Personal attacks against a supporting vendor are not appropriate. </font>[/QUOTE]Now wait a minute! Is this The Diesel Page or Diesel Doctor?

RJ you know I have nothing but respect for you, but I think you might have been slightly out of line here.

S/W offroad's question was rhetorical (Obviously Kennedy DOES think people will pay that, or else he wouldnt offer them) and maybe a little inflamatory, but I did not see it as negative or a personal attack. There was no name calling. No derogatory statements. Nobody was implied as a cheater. Just a direct, if somewhat indelicate question.

Kennedy may support this forum, but this is OUR forum. By our, I mean the registered users. I also paid my money to support a forum to share information on the GM diesels. Not to make it a bully pupit for any vendors.

I am sure that Kennedy or any other supporter of this forum knew going in that at some point, there would be a detractor post something aimed at them. I noticed that John had the grace not to reply.

If we are not free to disagree with ANYONE at ANYTIME, then this forum has lost nearly all its value to me. That goes for you too S/W! If you feel strongly enough about something to make a post on a public forum, you better be prepared when someone wants to disagree with you on that same public forum.

And RJ, you too have the right to disagree with S/W. But you are a mod on this forum, and with that comes a duty to stay slightly above the normal bitching and griping, to keep the forum on an even keel. Sometimes it's hard to know when you are responding as RonnieJoe, forum member, or RonnieJoe, forum moderator.

Maybe all this crap lately with the moron steaksauce has left everyone a little 'sensative'. But let's not over react and stifle the free flow of conversation on this board.

Tim

arrowheadracing
04-07-2005, 07:50
Obviously this post will get out of hand. But my 2 cents , maybe we should start another post about this.

Problem A

We pay to be members. And then are limited to what we can say, whether its good or bad. Thats not right. By paying you should be able to intelligently be able to post about anyone or anything whether its good or bad.

Case in point. I ve never bought anything from JK. I made a post Post problem A (http://forum.thedieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=007993)

People didnt like what I had to say since I didnt verbally say it the way they wanted. The point of the post I would say is that people jumped the wagon and starting shooting. No where did I ever say that JK was bad or good or anything. In fact I didnt even mention his name. So if thats not jumping to conclusions I dont know what is.

Problem B

There are quite a few past and present board members that I ve talked to in person and over the phone that are fed up with the way the site is run.

Simple addage to that, if you dont like it , dont resusbscribe.

Dont ask for names, or what not. I dont play games like that.

This all reminds me of how childish everyone can act sometimes. This is a small community. Go to performance years. 13,000 + active members. ( and its free ) They have childish people just like everyone else does, but your still free to say what you want to say. People over there are a little more open to discussion there as they are here.

And one last thing. Again pointing to performance years, vendors are free to post what they want , when they want and how they want at no charge. I ve never been asked to pay to advertise on thier site ( in 8 years ). I havent been banned from being able to have a profile and I havent been asked to give my products away for free if I dont pay to advertise here in order to be fair to the other vendors. I am not out to compete with JK , Bill Heath or SSdieselsupply. In fact I only offer two items ( exhaust and fsd coolers ) for diesels. The only reason I have them, because I spent the money to make my own, and found a better cheaper way. Do I compete with the other vendors with my polishing services, nope. Is there a huge market for polishing parts for diesel members here. NOPE. The community here is too small. They arent show trucks or bikes, just daily drivers. Just basically problem solving fsd and injection pump problems. So why would I want to spend money on advertising, when I wont have much if any return? Simple answer there.

This might be the end of me, but to be honest, I wouldnt be too bummed out. Other then I paid to be a member and I am not a full member , because I happen to own a business.

Infpop offers free forums, and to have an ad free forum costs $5.99 for 150,000 ad free credits. It takes work to make a forum, moderate a forum and run the forum. Whether you want to do it for free or charge. Thats your own prorogative. How do I know this, I have my own forum setup through infopop, just like everyone else does, because its free and easy to use. But if you are going to charge people .....

Personally I think the answer I have to all this is posted above. Simple addage.....

I apologize, but I ve seen enough on this board with its clique ( you can hammer me or finish banning me completely and keep my money if you like ) to be quiet. I may be vocal and people dont always like to hear what I have to say, but you get my experience no bs. But one thing is for sure. You will always know where you stand with me, because I ll tell you , whether good or bad.

I posted this under problems, to start a new post on this. After all we should be free to say what we want , since we paid for it. Never seen anyone pay to be censored or told what to say.

Correct me if I am wrong.

So if you guys want to correct me, you can call me

248 895 1869

or email me

service@customizedcreations.net

Hell, come on over and tell me in person if your in Michigan. I am all ears and open to discussion and will take any bit of critcism in an adult manner.

trbankii
04-07-2005, 11:57
I think this is all getting a bit blown out of proportion.

First, I don't exactly see that the comment about the pricing was meant as a negative attack. Heck, just the other week I was in the parts store and commented on the price being awfully high for a chunk of plastic. Difference was that it was between me and the store owner, in person. He could tell by my tone of voice that I was kidding around with him and there was nobody else there to try to tell him I wasn't kidding around.

I admit that you have to mind your manners a bit more online since people cannot tell your tone of voice and may take something differently than how you said it. That goes the other way as well. Don't always be looking for the insult.

Second, I think that others started to take offense when it was said to not make negative attacks against a vendor on the board. Whether the initial comment was meant negatively or not, suddenly it escalates because it seems that vendors have special priviledges and the rest of us are lower class citizens of the board. Again, probably not the intent of the post, but people start reading things into it and drawing lines and taking sides...

So before we all get into a riot here, let's just admit that we are all here to share information and enjoy each other's company. This is a good board. A heck of a lot more pleasant and polite than many of them. I enjoy coming here and learning and sharing. That's what it is all about.

So let's get back to talking about our trucks! smile.gif

grape
04-07-2005, 12:31
i thought these engines needed 400 cfm? Oh yeah that's right, the filter manufacturer claims a rated test pressure.......imagine that.

Marty Lau
04-07-2005, 13:57
I'm going to go have beer, I'm worn out dealing with tax crap, and Mr Steak Sauce. tongue.gif

More Power
04-07-2005, 13:59
Hmmm......

First, let me dispel a great big myth. No vendors are protected and no members are protected beyond what the forum rules and guidelines indicate is acceptable behavior - meaning getting personal in messages in a negative way (or maybe too personal in a positive way too smile.gif ).

If anyone wishes to complain about a vendor or anything else - go right ahead. Just be prepared to explain what you mean. There's been a lot of rhetoric floating around, that when left unanswered, may produce a wrong perception of reality. Secondly, it's easy to misinterpret what someone might say in a BB. Give people the benefit of the doubt, and ask for clarification.

Arrowhead..... Those who deliberately attempt to skirt the rules concerning commercial activities almost never contact me before hand to ask what I can do for low volume vendors who's ad might not be cost effective. Take a look in our New Products (http://www.thedieselpage.com/newprod.htm) page to see what I've done for the first three vendors listed on that page (and who are not advertisers). These people contacted me via email (before mentioning anything in the BB) to ask if I could help them, even though they didn't expect their sales here would justify an ad. Good people who have a good product deserve to be seen.

MP

[ 04-07-2005, 02:10 PM: Message edited by: More Power ]

arrowheadracing
04-07-2005, 15:37
Arrowhead..... Those who deliberately attempt to skirt the rules concerning commercial activities almost never contact me before hand to ask what I can do for low volume vendors who's ad might not be cost effective. Take a look in our New Products (http://www.thedieselpage.com/newprod.htm) page to see what I've done for the first three vendors listed on that page (and who are not advertisers). These people contacted me via email (before mentioning anything in the BB) to ask if I could help them, even though they didn't expect their sales here would justify an ad. Good people who have a good product deserve to be seen.

MP [/QB]Thats fine. But it was YOU who contacted me before I contacted you about advertising. I never had any intent on advertising here, as I didnt believe it would really be worth while. After you sent me options of what you had, I made a post to see if people would be interested in my work I have to offer. I made mention in the post that I was talking with you and was just checking before I made a decision to advertise. I also made mention that I didnt want to step on any toes, thats why I was careful on what I said and how I said it. The real decision not to advertise here is when I was banned from my profile.

I wont take up anymore space. But will say that when my subscription runs out. Its not going to be renewed and I am sure by the amount of phone calls I got today, there will be a few others as well. In fact todays phone calls I received I ve made quite a few more friends just from that.
Believe me I dont feel happy to say that, as I ve met in a short time , in person and via the net quite a few nice people. But thats the way I feel.

Good luck to everyone
:D

S\W Off Road
04-07-2005, 16:02
I still don't like the fact that ronniejoe can jump all over a member and a member is left to defend for his self as what has happened to me twice now. I paid for this? I have people lining up to beat my ass for free :D why should I pay for it? But what the heck if thats what is condoned here then I'll leave also.

More Power
04-07-2005, 16:41
Mike, Your membership expired 7 months ago... What exactly are you paying for?

A week or more ago, Bugsy posted a new message in the 6600 forum criticizing JK and Edge products. I was perfectly OK with it, but after a few days that thread disappeared. Some here thought I deleted it. So, I posted a new topic stating that I/we didn't and that it must have Bugsy himself (see "Bugsy's Disappearing Rant Thread").

I'll say this again.... If anyone here sees or hears something that doesn't sound, appear or seem right to them about what goes on here, say so.... Be specific, and I'll tell you what the deal is.

MP

S\W Off Road
04-07-2005, 17:53
Originally posted by More Power:
Mike, Your membership expired 7 months ago... What exactly are you paying for?

You're right! I'm sorry about that, looks like I was wrong on that statment. Anyone eles here willing to admit that they were wrong and apologize ? :D

Mike

[ 04-07-2005, 06:06 PM: Message edited by: S\W Off Road ]

Cowracer
04-08-2005, 03:29
Originally posted by S\W Off Road:
I still don't like the fact that ronniejoe can jump all over a member and a member is left to defend for his self as what has happened to me twice now. I paid for this? I have people lining up to beat my ass for free :D why should I pay for it? But what the heck if thats what is condoned here then I'll leave also. Hey! You were NOT left to defend for yourself. Several people posted supporting messages. I myself have posted about RonnieJoe's reaction to your post. I like RJ, I value his opinion, I admire his technical expertise, and I was hoping to use him for information on my current rebuild.

But I probably ****ed him off defending you. So I totally resent the hell out of your "Poor little me. I am going to take my ball and go home" attitude.

Tim

grape
04-08-2005, 05:13
e-thugs are cool :rolleyes:

arrowheadracing
04-08-2005, 05:43
Originally posted by grape:
e-thugs are cool :rolleyes: Too funny grape. That was my laugh for the day. :D :D

Thanks

Hye
04-08-2005, 05:49
Maybe somebody could design a remote DPF cooler.

arrowheadracing
04-08-2005, 05:50
Guys I am amazed :eek: at the amount of phone calls and emails that where sent. It was very nice to be able to talk to so many of you ;) . But I should have thought about it earlier, if you wouldnt mind please call me before 9 pm eastern :D LOL.

Thanks smile.gif

Robyn
04-08-2005, 06:19
Just thought I would add my 2 cents worth
I love the GM diesels and really like this forum. Having been a diesel mechanic for many years does not make me the total brain when it comes to all the little idiosyncracies that pop up on these beasts. I really appreciate all the input from those here at the forum. I also believe that one should refrain from trash talking anyones products.
If a company has something that is a bit over priced maybe there is a reason for it or maybe not but I find that heated exchanges on the forum do nothing to solve differences of opinions and create an environment that will chase some folks away from the forum for good.
We all have our strong points and some weak ones too so lets try and realize that each and everyone of us can and do contribute in some way to the success of this forum. I am a licensed firearms manufacture and hear all the smack you imagine about everyones products and how thay price it. I produce some fine firearms but I do have to endure trash talk by many who are either brand oriented or just like to make noise. I take it all in a days work and try to do what is right by my customers and strive to improve if I can.
A parting note, lets try to be considerate of each other and the products that are offered here. Many folks have struggled to get a product to market with the hopes of success and many will make it good, many will not. Patience is a virtue that many of us do not possess Myself included but I try hard to get closer.
keep up the good work and lets try to be more tollerant.
best to ya all
Robyn

grape
04-08-2005, 06:41
I've trash'd two companies, neither of which were dp advertisers. my point was simple, take any point on there dyno graph and run the torque number through the hp equation and you get about 20 less hp than what their dyno showed. I think I'm justified, nor did i trash talked, just asked for someone to explain their math to me. Yet I got e-threatened..........it was really scary :rolleyes:

Marty Lau
04-08-2005, 07:27
SW Hey Mike;

RJ does get bit touchy about JK IHMO, I he considers him a friend. I don't think you should have been jumped on but if your married you know sometimes things get said that really are minor which this is, that it's best not to get upset about it. I think we all need to thicken up our skin a bit. I hate to see arrowhead racing leave I think he is an asset, but if you feel thats what you need to do......what ever.
Can we get back to trucks here and get way from hurt feeling here other wise this great place will degrade.

moondoggie
04-08-2005, 10:58
Good Day!

Come on, guys, kiss & make up. :mad: OK, make up. :( OK, have a beer. :D I need you all like you can't imagine. I didn't get the car smarts you folks did - the help you folks give me, I could never afford to pay for.

arrowheadracing (& others): If you gotta go, go, but man will you be missed.

Blessings!

Brian Johnson, # 5044

Romans 12:18

Billman
04-08-2005, 13:18
Come on Fellas.

A little Heat/Controversy is good every now and then.

Keeps ya on your toes...

Spindrift
04-08-2005, 13:24
Billy,

It's easy for you to say...you Lawn Gyland boys are used to this kind of chit chat every day, I imagine.

99gmccrew
04-08-2005, 21:46
OK that's better. Billman! I changed my gears over to 3.73's from the 4.10's. So far I'm really liking it but I haven't towed anything heavy yet. Have you done yours yet? I know you were contemplating doing it. :cool:

99gmccrew

eracers999
04-08-2005, 22:03
This has been somwhat entertaining but i must ask why all the cry baby crap. What i like about this site is you can figure out the answer to the question in your mind through others. I support RJ for the most part because i can see he wont let this turn into a cry baby board or a somewhat hostile place for somone who has devoted a lot of his time to help people like JK has done. Just take a look at the amount of posts he has put down. More than i could do. Lets just stick to the issues and leave the smart ass comments for the other sites. Every one can learn from this, lets keep this site above the rest of them.

Kent

C.K. Piquup
04-09-2005, 02:11
Looks like he ought to post another one.BTW,has anyone used the SS Diesel and taken note of the effect on EGT?

Billman
04-09-2005, 03:16
I'm almost there.

I picked up a gearset, pinion cage, and yoke. I set it all up to make the job easier. I think I'm just days away from pulling the carrier out.

I'm trying to locate 7 pin dip switches to modify the VSSB. I knew I should have done it when I changed the tire size last time.

We really need to change the title of this thread...

gmenor
04-09-2005, 04:56
On a previous post, I installed the SS Diesel Air Induction Kit and did notice increased boost and with it increased EGT (under load). My EGT is about 200 degrees lower on flat runs with 2 pound boost increase. I reintsalled my OEM filter kit just to compare them both. Ended up putting the SS Diesel back on. I looked at the pre-filter screen and ended up raiding my wife'e panty hose drawer and placed that over the filter. Have friends who builds performance cars and they said the induction is fine as it pertains to cool air. The logic is that when moving air it being forced through the front and under the vehicle. The little souped up cars they are running is not as opened as our vehicles. It makes sense to me keep it on.

Dvldog 8793
04-09-2005, 05:24
Howdy
If someone wants to "LOAN" me a kit I have gauges for amb air temp, preIC-post turbo temp, post IC temp at the intake, and EGT. Should be able to tell something. I opened up a hole about 2" by 5" in the top of stock air housing and retained the fender input and use a foam UNI filter. My temps today are :
AMB 50*
Pre IC @ 1800rpm no load 125*
Post IC " " 75*
EGT 400*

These are VERY relavant to ambient(AMB)temp
Under a load the IC really works and I see temp diffs of about 125-175* with normal AMB temps.
When it was -15* the temps were about 200* apart
What I have seen is that the under hood temp is pretty close to ambient temp when going down the raod but climbs fast when sitting idle. I would think that if you pull loads around town at low speeds then stick with factory air intake system. If you pull on the hyway then maybe open it up it under hood air. My .02....
Hope this helps....
L8r
Conley

99gmccrew
04-09-2005, 08:51
I tried to find the dip switches at radio shack with no luck. I went ahead and changed the connectors with a soldering gun and after two tries I finally got it right on the money. PITA :D

99gmccrew

3500HD
04-09-2005, 13:47
I thought this forum had to do with 6.d turbo diesels not politically who's side are you on. I didn't pay for this and that seem's to be what most of you want to do!!!

C.K. Piquup
04-09-2005, 15:59
I thought this post had to do with the SS Diesel high-performance air filter kit and now I`m confused.Not by someone else`s filter,how much it cost,or politics,but now about what 7-pin dip switches have to do with air filters.Also,very curious about the panty hose thing.What color,lacey or plain?

gmenor
04-09-2005, 17:32
C.K.
Well it all matters on your preference. I really prefer the black knit. Anyhow the prescreen stuff happens to keep the larger chucks of garbage out of the filter. Right now bugs in their initial spring break is the real problem - not to mention the yellow pollen off the pine trees.

99gmccrew
04-09-2005, 21:22
I guess we need to make a rule book for the anal retentive ones in the crowd.

GMC Hauler
04-11-2005, 14:43
Billman,

I used a radioshack DIP switch package that was longer, I think 10 switches and just cut off the unneeded switch pins. It soldered on the board fine.

Billman
04-11-2005, 16:09
Thanks GMC.

I've got the 8 position. That's what I was going to do.

How's this for a thread title: Mixed Bag

rjschoolcraft
04-11-2005, 16:40
With that said, I think I'm gonna lock this thread down. Please feel free to break the subjects up and start new threads for each if you so desire. This one is getting difficult to keep straight. ;)

Maybe the title of the first one should be, "ronniejoe is a bum!" or something like that. :D