PDA

View Full Version : Dtc 78

Robyn
07-05-2007, 21:03
Ok now that the DTC 46 is gone it has tossed up a code 78.
Waste gate solenoid fault. Well I have a turbo master so I dont need the solenoid. What is the trick fix to get the PCM happy.

I was sort of thinking that the outlaw chips had programing that covered that stuff up so the PCM would overlook all these things.

Comments???

Robyn

moondoggie
07-06-2007, 08:04
Good Day!

Since no one that actually knows anything has replied...

78 from distant memory says that the PCM wanted to adjust boost, changed the duty cycle to the Wastegate Actuator Solenoid, & the boost didn't change as it was supposed to. I suppose the best fix is an EPROM that tells the PCM to not look at boost, or in some other way modifies what creates the code. On the other hand, it's just possible that simply attenuating the boost signal would work - generally, the PCM is trying to reduce boost, so maybe if it always sees reduced boost... I have NO IDEA if this would work or not. Like I said before, since no one that actually knows anything has replied...

Good Luck & Blessings!

Kenneth
10-05-2007, 17:40
I recently had the same code fault on my 94 gmc. I talked to Heath Diesel and they sent me a turbo master. First off, my code wasn't constantly on, it would come on, then go out. then come back on again, and it was only doing it on the highway. Anyway, I set the turbomaster up for 7 psi of boost and haven't had any problems since. Try talking to heath diesel. go to heathdiesel.com, or contact one of the mechanics at productinfo@heathdiesel.com. Heath Diesel also sells great high performance eprom's for $329 that out perform BD's eprom's and anyone else's.