PDA

View Full Version : more power for a Cheyenne?

matuva
07-03-2007, 02:57
Hi,

newbie on this forum, I'm not sure I post the right section as I'm going to talk about a non-turbo K1500...
If necessary, please move to the right place.

Here is the story :
I talked with a buddy this week-end. He owns a 1995 6.5 non turbo Cheyenne K1500 with 5 speeds manual tranny.

He is very proud of his truck as he has done a full body rebuilt and a lot of mechanic to get her working.

She's working almost fine, but my buddy now is growing upsett : close to everyday, at the end of day work on the way home, he meets on the road two other buddies who just bought each a NISSAN NAVARA. These NISSAN have a 2.5 TD common rail engine (174 BHP) + a 6 speeds tranny.
These 2 guys race my buddy as soon as they meet him, and each time, he loose.

I won't tell this is a nightmare for him, this will be lies, but he really wants to get more power and would love to watch something different than the Nissan tail lights...

I proposed several solutions to him : stop racing and turn the head on the other side when he meets the Nissan boys, or sell his truck and buy an automatic 6.5 TD + chip + turbomaster+hi pop injectors,... or sell his truck and buy a Nissan. ;)
His face turned to purple when I talked about buying a Nissan, I still wonder why... :D

So, that long speach to ask : what can be done to help him? I believe that without a turbo, a reflash won't be a real help, so, any suggestions?

Robyn
07-03-2007, 06:20
Welcome

Well now sucking on tail lights is just a nasty thing :eek:

Best thing might be a banks turbo kit or a factory setup and do some mods.

The little cheyene can certainly be made to run.

After the turbo comes a large exhaust and a power chip too.

There is hope.
Lots of us here that can help and would be happy to offer advice. :D

Tell your buddy not to worry, he can get his little truck up to the task of stomping on the rice grinders..

Robyn