PDA

View Full Version : aux. lift pump in series

aquaman0001
06-17-2007, 18:35
Hello...
I have read several post on running an additional lift pump in series or parallel. But everyone seems to be running pumps with equivalent or almost equivalent flow rates. I am planning on adding an additional fuel filter before the stock lift pump(after it get out of the shop for IP and injector replacement :eek: ). I was thinking about adding a small Facet fuel pump near the tank just to aid in the flow rate.(planning to use 100 Bio). Will a small pump end up being insignificant? I do not have a fuel pressure gauge.
Thank you. Your thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated.
A

More Power
06-21-2007, 20:39
Good idea on adding a fuel filter before the lift pump. Water and grit could be contributing factors to lift pump failures. FSD temperature has been documented to increase if the lift pump fails.... So, ensuring lift pump reliability could ultimately improve FSD/IP reliability.

As far as adding a second lift pump... It adds to the complexity, but I'm told that in general, pumps push better than they pull. So it might help... There are systems out there that combine added filtration with a lift pump (i.e. the FASS system).

Jim

bbtlr3
06-23-2007, 02:45
I was looking at the FASS system. Would it be a viable option for our trucks? The output pressure is a bit higher, would that affect anything?

rjwest
06-28-2007, 14:27
second in line Lift pump, does not need to run full time,
works like a check valve when not powered,
Turn on LP when needed, (High Power )

Filter/water seperator works better when on suction side of Primary LP,
Per Perma cool & racor instructions.