PDA

View Full Version : V Belt to Serpentine

Frank M. Hardcastle II
06-15-2007, 18:33
I'm thinking about going to the serpentine setup in my 84 C3500 with Banks Turbo Charger. Does anyone have a list of the parts I will need for this? I've searched the board without any luck. Thanks a lot.
Frank

EWC
06-16-2007, 18:01
I have the same setup but not finished right now . I've found a 95 G van belt drive that stacks everything on the left side of the engine except for the alt . This leaves a cast brace for the alt mount in the way of the turbo . This is a small brace that I was going to cut away . The trucks have too much on the right side of the engine . You might want to look into the G van stuff .

RoverIIa
06-17-2007, 18:46
I hit up a junkyard for all brackets and accessories from a 93 K3500.

Here are some issues:

Water pump spins the other way. It needs to be replaced, along with the fan, and the plate that the pump mounts on.

You may want to change the CDR routing, meaning you should grab the oil-fill stack off of the donor too.

Oil drain from turbo interferes with the bracket for the AC. I had to make a custom drain (which now seems to leak, I haven't tried to figure it out yet).

Alternator wiring is different on the newer alternators, and the old ones won't fit the new bracket. Not a big deal, but it needs attention.

Steering pump hose routing is different -- new hoses.

Harmonic damper needs to get a damped pulley. No big deal, available at NAPA.

Without the custom hoses for the AC, I ended up running in the 800 - 1k range after buying, cleaning, and installing parts, replacing a few as I went.

Have fun. I personally think it is worth it to stop tightening belts!