PDA

View Full Version : Identification?

BigGun J
06-11-2007, 20:46
I bought my first motor hopeing for a solid block to build on. I was told it came out of a 83 heavy truck. The guy bought it for the axel and flat bed. On the back left corner of the motor is stamped 14022660. A little off center and near the sending unit stamper into block 57. On the injector pump label DB2-4163 and 4197930. Stamped into the body of the injector pump 90B06. Do any of the numbers identify? The block is black. I power washed it and I think it has always been black? At least no color under the black. The heads are a lime green color? The motor was fairly clean.There was a fuel filter on the fire wall and one on the back of the motor. He said he was told it did not run. He only wanted tghe axcel and bed. He said he turned over with the starter but did not start. I will open it up in the next few weeks to see how the internals faired over the years. Thanks forf any feed back.

Jim.
-------------------
Working toward building a 6.2/6.5 for my 85 Toyota Landcruiser FJ60

john8662
06-12-2007, 10:42
Just get it torn down to see what you got for a build.

The accessories (fuel) are correct for an '83, not much else to tell tho.

Auto or manual transmission?

J

BigGun J
06-12-2007, 19:58
It was a manual. The clutch is still connected but I did not get the tranny. I will use a Toyota 5 speed mounted to a Marks adapter kit. I need to wrap up a couple of projects and then I can open her up and see what I got to work with.

Jim.
_____
85 Toyota FJ60. In need of a diesel transplant.