PDA

View Full Version : Oil temperature gauge

Mark Rinker
06-08-2007, 10:32
I am interested in adding an oil temp gauges to my trucks. Has anyone done this with a 2500/3500 series, and how did you accomplish it?

mark45678
06-08-2007, 20:21
engine oil or rear end ? I think our trucks run fairly hot engine oil based on the fluctuation of oil PSI reading cold and hot.

jbplock
06-09-2007, 04:54
Mark,

If I remember correctly several years ago SocalDmax described his oil temp gauge setup in post here in the forum. I believe he mounted the sensor to one of the fittings on the oil cooler assy and rigged the wiring so the gauge could be switched between engine and tranny (not OEM) oil temp senders.

:)

DmaxMaverick
06-09-2007, 12:00
Mark,

If I remember correctly several years ago SocalDmax described his oil temp gauge setup in post here in the forum. I believe he mounted the sensor to one of the fittings on the oil cooler assy and rigged the wiring so the gauge could be switched between engine and tranny (not OEM) oil temp senders.

At the same time, you could use a sender compatible with the OEM tranny temp sender range and switch between them. I'm not sure what that would be, but it may be worth investigating. Hmmmmmm.

jbplock
06-10-2007, 04:59
[COLOR=black][quote=DmaxMaverick]

Mark Rinker
06-10-2007, 09:29
Thanks for the ideas. There is a blank spot next to the tranny temp gauge on the Kodiak. Thought it would be a good candidate for a similar looking oil temp gauge. Here is the one I am leaning towards, mostly because it looks similar and factory stock next to the other gauge.

http://www.cardomain.com/item/VDO310106

killerbee
06-10-2007, 10:07
Mark,

there are several ports on the filter housing. Some will be pre-cooler, and one or 2 are post cooler. I like to suggest a pre-cooler location.