PDA

View Full Version : no start...fixed...but wait!!

Eric Selinger
12-07-2004, 07:24
Well I went back out to leave and she had died. I restarted it easily and she ran for about 15 seconds and died.. Turned off switch and it restarted. I idled her up a bit (1200RPM or so) and she died again almost like it was shut-off electrically. I will check to see if there are any codes now.

FSD? IP? Fuel shut-off solenoid? What is it ?Could it be that I've crossed the majic fail number of 200,096 miles?\

Please help me!

Eric

Eric Selinger
12-07-2004, 07:40
I think is was air in the lines from yesterday..
She's been running 10 minutes now,I think I'll give it a try. Pray for a "no tow day"

Thanks!

Eric

Eric Selinger
12-08-2004, 06:49
Well I made it home! She stalled 3 times, took some time to get her started. 3rd time i poured cool water on the IP and FSD and she ran good all the way home(20+ miles). Im pretty convinced that it is finally the PMD. Any word on the Sol-D replacement? Have they corrected their problems? Will it be a suitable replacement or should I bite the bullet on a new PMD and relocation kit?

I'm mostly convinced that this is the problem. Could the IP be worn out and have the tolerances reduced by pouring cool water on it? I just want to be SURE that it is the PMD...

Thanks All!

Eric

P.S. I had my original IP replaced at 70,000 (greentag). I do have a newer IP out of a 2000 model 6.5 on the shelf.

rjwest
12-08-2004, 12:31
I do not believe you can be sure if IP or PMD is at fault......

If you want to be comfortable that you will not be stranded, remote PMD and a spare .

I have not read anywhere a IP has caused a Failure that would not get you Home......

Note: I experienced PMD and IP problems occuring at the same time...... PMD was a NO START some times.

IP was a " Quit" when warming up after 20-30 minutes run time...

Kennedy
12-08-2004, 13:17
If there are no codes pertaining to optical, high resolution, or pump cam reference then I'd say PMD is the culprit.

Eric Selinger
12-09-2004, 04:59
No codes have been set at all during this issue. So I am going to stretch the harness , and put the FSD on the firewall or in the cab. Anyone know if the injection pump off of a 2000 model truck would work properly on my 94 model? Just thinking it may be worn out as well..

Thanks for all the help guys!

Eric