PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Diesel shop in Chicago - Niles IL (60631)

1629dill
05-17-2007, 08:50
I have a 1999 Suburban 2500 with a 6.5 TD that I need just purchased. I am looking for a good place to service it. If any on has suggestions on shops in the Chicago

kevin77
05-18-2007, 19:01
Are you looking to just do the basics of oil change or filter changes? Or are you talking about upgrades?

Changing out exhaust, especially the downpipe, and changing the air intake are among the first performance enhancements that should be done.

Removing the plastic '6.5 turbo' cover wouldn't hurt either.

Kevin

1629dill
05-18-2007, 20:06
Are you looking to just do the basics of oil change or filter changes? Or are you talking about upgrades?

Changing out exhaust, especially the downpipe, and changing the air intake are among the first performance enhancements that should be done.

Removing the plastic '6.5 turbo' cover wouldn't hurt either.

Kevin

I am looking for both. I need to find a shop to do oil changes and filter changes. The dealer is the only place that I have found to do that type of work. They have said that they can not do any engine work because the did not sell any 6.5 TD and do not have the tool set for it.

I also want to get a gage package installed on the A frame. Then I will move on to the exhaust and air intake.

But can not find a place that will do the work with out going about 75 miles.

HH
05-21-2007, 07:31
Huckstorf Diesel (http://www.hdiesel.com) is in Franklin WI, just off I94 and Ryan Rd. I would recommend them. Should be less than 75 miles.

RJ Performance
05-24-2007, 13:43
There is a great shop in Lake Bluff, IL called Longs Garage, try giving them a call.