PDA

View Full Version : oil in antifreeze

bigbossman26
05-12-2007, 11:49
Wonder why I keep taking my truck in to have someone else look at it?? Time and time again, the shops think owners don't know anything about their vehicles. 1985 GMC 6.2 overload susp. took in for oil change. Kid comes out and tells me there is a major problem with the truck as he found oil in the antifreeze? and dosen't recommend driving it anywhere until I have rad flushed, engine flushed, and so on and so on. Haven't looked in the rad this morning but something tells me the kid was just trying to take me for a few bucks. If indeed oil in antifreeze, I would suspect that it is not oil but tranny fluid no? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

john8662
05-13-2007, 00:26
Check this out asap.

It could be either Transmission fluid or Engine oil. The 6.2 automatic equiped trucks had both coolers in the side tanks of the radiator, one on each side.

J

wes-in-nc
05-14-2007, 04:52
Yea, I would have this checked right away just to make sure everything is ok. Was it a chain type oil change place? If it was, They get a bonus for every extra thing they can sell you. My buddy worked at one and he would get like $2 for an air filter or $3 for a belt and so on. He could make $600 per month just in bonus money.