PDA

View Full Version : Where to purchase new heads.

OgreOwner
05-06-2007, 12:41
I have a 1994 6.5 Turbo with cracked heads. A few months ago, I think I came here to research options. I remember a company in Florida that sells new heads complete. Now, after about an hour of searching, I cannot find the references again.

I have the Turbo side head off and expect to get the drivers side off this week. I wanted to get a new set coming, but now cannot find the name of the company that has found favor with this group of owners.

Can anyone help?

Karl Peterson
1994 Chevy Cheyenne 6.5LT

DmaxMaverick
05-06-2007, 12:45
Clearwater, if you are talking about the Chinese clones.

Robyn will be right in........

Robyn
05-06-2007, 14:30
I have a set and they looked good and are still doing a fine job.

They answered the email quickly and shipped the product as promissed. They pay the freight back on your old heads too.

Cant give you any more than that.

Robyn

OgreOwner
05-06-2007, 18:31
Why do they want the old ones back? I had the impression that they were selling new heads without a core. Did I get that wrong?

Karl

redbird2
05-06-2007, 21:50
Yes it is clearwater cylinder heads I have used them for the past few years we have installed at least 20 sets of them have never had a failure todate with the heads. They told me they need the heads back so they can either rebuild the heads and sell as rebuilt or use the parts out of the heads valves spring rotaters, ect and they scrap the totaled ones. this was a few years ago they told me this things could have changed by now beed great to deal with.

good luck

john8662
05-06-2007, 23:49
Peninsular has a good deal on New heads complete.

J

stingthieves
05-07-2007, 21:58
John Kennedy was my source!

Robyn
05-08-2007, 08:11
The story I got from Clearwater was this " We use the good valves, springs, retainers and such if they meet spec in the new castings"

The castings are new the hardware may not be all new.

The set of heads I got looked to be all new parts.

The heads are heavier than stock by about 7 pounds. Must have added some iron somewhere me thinks.

Much to choose from out there in the market place.

My way of thinking was this. The stock stuff has had issues and the price was very good so why not try a set and see.

The fit and finish was excellent.

All the tapped holes were clean and the threads good, The surface finish on the deck was nice.

Looked to have new precups too with a diamond mark on it.

I pulled 2 valves out of each head to look over the work on the seats.

Things looked good there too.

All in all a great buying experience with fast service.

I cant complain at all. $670 for a set (2) heads to my door plus they paid UPS to get the old heads back. :)

More Power
05-08-2007, 13:00
It goes without saying that whomever you buy from is entirely up to the individual. I would, however, hope that people will at least give the vendors who help support this forum an opportunity to quote a price. Many of the significant advancements in the 6.5 aftermarket have come through their effort. Knock-off parts and/or companies that don't support the online 6.5 communities (a big share of their customer base) don't seem quite right. JMHO

Jim