PDA

View Full Version : No start

Eric Selinger
12-06-2004, 07:04
My truck will turn over but not fire this morning. I have been having a problem with grey smoke/rough idle at start-up, so I've been disconnecting the coolant sensor for a few seconds, but yesterday I forgot to plug it back in before I drove to the store and back about (15 miles). Well this morning it won't start. I can hear the lift pump run and have fuel at the drain. I am going to try bat disconnect and see if that helps first. The engine is new I rebuilt it about 3500 miles ago, runs strong so its not mechanical issue. Could it have advanced for too long and fried something?

Thanks!

Eric Selinger
9465 CCTD
hypertech,4"exhaust, gauges, amsoil filter, 3500 miles, custom oil cooler lines,H2 modded wheels

More Power
12-06-2004, 08:28
Are you seeing a typical drop in battery voltage whenever the "wait to start" (glow plug) light is on?

MP

Eric Selinger
12-06-2004, 14:52
I have noticed during the "wait to start" that the glow plugs draw the voltage down into the red(orange). It seems to turn over relatively well:(it doesn't seem to turn over too slow). I reconnected the batteries after sitting all day it did not make a difference. It shows no signs of any smoke at the tailpipe when turning over, I guess I should check for the smell of raw fuel at the tailpipe as well. I'm cornfused... Can I check to see if I'm getting any power to the glow plugs. Whats got me is that it ran finew yesterday with the coolant sensor unplugged??

Eric Selinger
12-06-2004, 15:08
I smell no raw fuel at the tailpipe, opened top of filter and cycled key to on and fuel came out the top of filter housing. I seem to have fuel to the IP but nothing seems to get thru to the cylinders. Everything was running real good before this morning???

I will but battery charger on tonight to charge up what I can, I don't believe its a cranking issue, but fuel delivery or blockage... The low last night was only 45F..It's been cooler last week....

BERT
12-07-2004, 05:25
JUST WENT THROUGH THAT NO FUEL TO THE INJECTERS HAD A BAD PLUG TO THE PMD PUT A NEW PLUG ON AND IS GREAT I WOULD CHECK THE PMD FIRST THEN THE WIREING GOOD LUCK BERT