PDA

View Full Version : Grinding

DMAXTODD
04-30-2007, 20:41
My 02 D/A sometimes grinds when going into drive and always grinds when
3rd gear is manually selected from a standstill. The truck shifts up and down through the gears fine while driving. Anyone else have this issue? Is a new trans in my near future? Thanks...

More Power
05-21-2007, 17:04
How's the fluid? Spin off the filter, and check the donut magnet for metal.

Trans grinding can't be a good thing. :( I haven't heard of something like this before.

Jim

DMAXTODD
06-11-2007, 19:38
Jim,
Thanks for the reply, I haven't had time to get to the dealer yet. I did check the filter, no abnormal metal just the fine gray stuff it looked like my other truck does. It is still shifting great and working everyday other than grinding going into drive maybe every 5 times or so, I guess if it does need something major there is no hope in GM helping with 72,000 miles on an 02?? Todd

Turbo Al
06-27-2007, 11:34
Just a couple of questions, does it have a PTO, how is the 4x4 ingaged -- lever on tunnel or push button.
It does sound a lot like a couple of our work trucks that the PTO doesn't work quite right on. If it does it all the time with 3rd selected disconnect the PTO completely and see it it goes away. In one case it was the PTO bearing going bad causeing the shaft to move when it was NOT selected.
Al