PDA

View Full Version : Glow Plugs

atmdoc
04-25-2007, 18:38
I've narrowed my choice down to: Delco G60's or Bosch 80034. Is one better than the other?

More Power
04-26-2007, 14:18
I've not tested any recent Bosch plug. I would want to see it survive a 15 minute jumper cable & hot car battery test before using them. The AC-60G will. ;)

The Bosch glow plugs I tested in the late 90's didn't do well at all.....

Jim

DmaxMaverick
04-28-2007, 22:54
Interesting you mention Bosch plugs. Thumbing through the Summit Racing mailer I get and they have plugs. Not just spark plugs now, either.

They show both ACDelco and Bosch glow plugs (among other brands, but stay clear of them).

I looked them up on their website. I'm not at all impressed with the prices. Quite a bit more than some of our TDP Advertisers sell for. Even more proud of the Bosch plugs for GM. Duramax plugs are more than dealer cost.

I don't know how the Bosch Plugs are in the 6.2/6.5, but they are prefered for MB Diesels. Different design, though.

Eduardo
05-10-2007, 21:56
I'm using Kennedy's. Best thing I ever did.

TurboDiverArt
05-11-2007, 04:27
I think I'm going to stick with the G60's. If the newer quick heats eventually prove to be reliable I would consider them. For me, I occasionally start my truck in weather as cold as single digits but most of the time when not plugged in it's in the 20-30's in the winter. Even when in the single digits I don't have difficulty starting. Although it'll smoke for a little while, it catches pretty fast. I know my glows have at least 100K on them, maybe more and the batteries are 6 years old. I have not checked them so some may be bad. I think unless you are in really, really cold weather the G60's will work fine for you.

Art.

atmdoc
05-11-2007, 17:12
After reading about the issues with quick heats, I bought the AC Delco 60G's. Got them at Autozone, 9.99 ea. I'm changing mine because I'm going to replace the injectors and that would be a good time to do the glows also. The past 2 winters I had my sub, I had no problems starting. I've got 192000 on it now and I believe injectors and glows are original.