PDA

View Full Version : I joined the " Hole in the transfer case " club today

GL1800
04-11-2007, 12:59
After finding oil on my garage floor I took my 03 with 70,000 miles into my dealer. Sure enough it was a hole worn in the transfer case from the inside out. A new case and needed parts are on the way.As I purchased an extended warranty I will be out no dollars so that is good. Being without my truck for a few days is a pain but oh well. I do believe in the extended warrenty for a vehicle like this with the potential for costly repairs.This repair will more that pay for the warrenty.

Jeff

bspaco
06-30-2007, 16:56
At about 70,000 mi I joined that club also. I have a very honest transmission man. He scratched his head and said to me that he had seen this problem some time ago. The problem was causedby the pump in the case becoming loose and rubbing against the magnesium case wall. For $200.00 he R&Rd the case and sent it to a specialty welder who welded a metal piece of some kind on the inside of the case. At 90,000 mi and no leaks or problems.

Buck
07-01-2007, 11:16
Kennedy Diesel sells a piece that will prevent this from happening again and it is cheap;) IIRC $50