PDA

View Full Version : Source for box-type fuel filter bases

ccole
03-30-2007, 10:29
Hello all-
I typically hang out in the Duramax forum, but found something today at work that "might" be of use to the 6.2 diesel members. I discovered that some of our older (John Deere) skid steers used the square, box style fuel filter. Identical to the mid 80's and later 6.2 diesels. (Fleetguard fuel filter # FS1209) . Also, the aluminum fuel filter mounting base, water-in-fuel sender, etc, etc all appear the same as the 6.2. Evidently, Deere used GM/Delco as the vendor for this item on some vintage equipment.
I was thinking I read some time ago, that the aluminum mounting base, clamps, water-in-fuel sender, etc were no longer available available as new repair parts from GM. If this is true, I wanted to pass along that Deere still has these items in stock. I checked the wire "snap" clamps, mouting base, and water-in-fuel sender; all of which are still available thru Deere. If somebody needs more information regarding this, shoot me an email.

Here is a pic of the filter assembly:
http://www.landmarkimp.com/powerstroke/62fuel.jpg

Thought I would pass this on just in case it would assist somebody....
ccole@ruraltel.net

NH2112
03-30-2007, 21:11
These are actually very common filter assemblies on a lot of equipment. Most of the belt loaders & heater carts at work use them (Cummins "A" series diesels), and quite a few of the bag cart tugs do as well. Some others use the glass elements with sheetmetal retainers on the base.