PDA

View Full Version : DB-4911 + Which Lines, Which Injectors?

Duncan Sterling
03-26-2007, 10:38
Greetings All,

Soon, I'll be having to tow #6000 boat behind my '91 Suburban, so I'm looking pretty seriously at the Banks Turbo right now--I just don't think NA's going to cut it here.

Since I'm going to have to pull stuff apart anyway, I'm thinking I might as well replace the DB-4875 with the DB-4911 pump I have and do the glow plugs and injectors all at the same time while I'm in there.

So the question is, if I install the (rebuilt) 4911 and matching (rebuilt) 6.5 injectors (as recommended here previously), can I still use my 6.2 injector lines, or do I need to find a set of 6.5 injector lines to make everything fit together properly?

Also, since I'm going to be putting a pretty serious strain on this thing, is a stud girdle kit worth hassling with? Are they hard to install with the motor in the truck?

TIA,

--Duncan

john8662
03-26-2007, 14:34
You can use your 6.2L lines, no problem.

Your 6.2 already has short body injectors, the pump doesn't change the lengths or angles.

Stud Girdle?

It's doable in chassis, easier on a 4x4 truck tho, still a messy job, if you're considering renewing the rear main seal, now's the time.

A N/A 6.2L will pull 6000, especially with 4.10 gears. Just don't get in a huge hurry or expect to pass quickly.