PDA

View Full Version : L80E TCC lockup?

Chuck1
08-24-2005, 07:48
I have been trying to figure how to lock up my L80E tranny.I followed a post from jeffreydmet /rjwest.I have a 94 I hooked up the two hundred ohm resistors searched out the yellow/black and black wires to the tranny and added a switch.When I switch It it dosn,t seem to do any thing .Any ideas what could be wrong .The only thing I can see that I did different was the resistors were 1watt each instead of 1/2watt each.Or will this just not work on a 1994

rjwest
08-24-2005, 08:37
Resisters shoyld be in parallel, 50 OHMs
from temp sense to ground.

BUT, I DO NOT know if it will work on 95 and later...

PLEASE More help from 95 and later

Chuck1
08-24-2005, 21:29
RJ thats the way I hooked it up with the 100 ohms in parallel to make 50 ohms

GMC Hauler
08-25-2005, 02:53
Click on my signature line for more information.

rjwest
08-25-2005, 06:24
GMC HAULER, I would be interested in how you use the
TCC lock up . I use mine to hold the TCC locked in
3 & 4 gear as well as 2nd for the tough hill climbs,
But on the 96 there is still some speed limits
when the TCC will engage, Is it the same on the 95 and older.

Also looked at the Fast idle diagram, but did niot really understand it's use/function...

GMC Hauler
08-25-2005, 08:42
Rjwest,

I use the TCC lock the same way you do. I use it to tell the computer I want to keep the TCC locked a little longer while doing climbs. I got quite good at using it on my recent move. I did use it in second gear climbs on the mountains. The TCC does have limits where it won't lockup even if you have the TCC mod engaged.

I don't know how the 95 and earlier work.

There are three things I used the fast idle mod for:

1. Cooldown after a hard climb. I climbed many tall passes on this last trip. At the top of one, we wanted to get out (9500 feet). So, to help keep fan speed up, I idled the engine up one to help cooldown.

2. Warmup on cold days

3. I have the dual alternator mod. In my travel trailer, I have a 1500 watt power inverter. It runs the batteries down fast. I have a connection from the driver's battery to the back to "fast charge" the batteries (single O gage). I didn't have to use that large of wire to charge the batteries, but I sized the wire for the larger of 3 loads; charging, running large loads, and a future winch. Using an induction annmeter, I have determined that the alternators put out more power at a slightly higher idle.

rameye
08-25-2005, 15:06
No Hijacking here..

Just wanted to welcome GMC hauler to CT!

ram

jspringator
08-25-2005, 16:48
GMC hauler, I am still working on getting the photos of my transmission cooler with 12 volt fan to send you. Maybe this weekend.

GMC Hauler
08-26-2005, 03:01
Rameye,

Thanks. We aren't that far apart. I'm in Coventry. We'll have to get together sometime. Drop me a message on my pictureTrail account (the link in my sig line)

James,

No hurry buddy. I know it can get busy. We're putting the final touches on the unpack here. I've never had this much workspace! :D Maybe I can now get that project car done. ;)