PDA

View Full Version : Do YOU BELIEVE THIS? OUR TOTALLED 06 GETS NEW LIFE AS A CUSTOM

cowboywildbill
03-16-2007, 07:13
If you read our post a while back about our wreck in our 06 cc dually.
This was our truck, I checked the VIN. We Can't believe they fixed it.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Custom...cmdZViewItem (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2F27009982880 6_W0QQfromZR40QQfviZ1&item=270099828806)

Mark Rinker
03-16-2007, 11:13
Funny. I bet he makes a mint if it sells for anything close to his asking price.

Must be on a new stretched frame.

cowboywildbill
03-16-2007, 12:11
I spoke with him today, He said he put a new frame under it. It sounds like he fixed it right.He said All of the pioneer gps and xm equipment that was in the truck at time of the sale mysteriously dissappeared from the salvage yard when his driver went to pick it up. I told him he should pursue it, and find out who took it.

HCB
03-18-2007, 04:00
I spoke with him today, He said he put a new frame under it.
He did a lot more than that. Check out the build pics and see what he had to do to the doors to get them to fit, and how he bought another entire frame so there would only be one seam instead of two, and he even chopped the entire top of the cab down. It's like old time coachwork:

http://mightymax.biz/build.htm

Prestonia24
03-18-2007, 20:41
That is some awesome fab work...

According to the chevrolet website, the Length of an 06 CC LB is 256.2", and the difference between an Ext Cab (246.6") and Single Cab (222.1") is ~24" more truck, so I would imagine that the length of the Stretched K3500 would be near the range of 280", which is about 23'4" (i think?).

Imagine finding a parking spot long enough to accommodate the truck.

My K2500 CC SB is just under 20', and although sometimes I wish i had the Long Box, another 1.5 Feet of parking space is just not something i wish to leave hanging out into the parking lot. Let alone finding another 3 1/2 feet (over the CC SB) to park...

I hope that he put at least a 40 gallon fuel tank into the truck, since the gas mileage isn't going to be great, and if you're using it to pull a 5'er, you'll be stopping a lot...

All in All, i think it's an awesome truck, I just wish he'd have installed some In Dash Navigation (i.e. Pioneer DVD Navigation)

cowboywildbill
03-19-2007, 08:29
Minor damage my foot! He didn't show you the passenger side untill after the cab was pulled back out and the frame was straightend and the bed was taken off. If you look at the frame in the other pics, you can see how bent it was.Also you can see with the rear of the cab, was wrinkled halfway across after being pulled. I have the pics of the damage.The truck was bent sideways and up and down. The pics are too big to post, but I can email them. They don't total a brand new $47,000 truck for less than $37,000 of damage. Other than that, I think what he did was awsome.

Mark Rinker
03-21-2007, 17:44
Personally, I didn't like the look of the truck at first. After looking at the fabrication pictures - and the short timeline needed for construction, I now think this truck is the bomb. This guy has some talent.

Besides, now you could side-load a pallette of anything into the CAB!!! It really needs a rear-facing 2nd row seat, and a removable card table inbetween!

I want one!

HCB
03-22-2007, 11:43
Minor damage my foot! He didn't show you the passenger side untill after the cab was pulled back out and the frame was straightend and the bed was taken off.
HEH HEH.

You didn't expect him to show perspective buyers the OTHER side of the truck. Some folks can't handle the visuals and would be concerned about the safety of a rebuilt vehicle. I remember when I first swapped-out the front sub-frame on an early '80s Z-28 Camaro, and discovered there were only 4 bolts (maybe 6) holding it on. My first thought was that I had been driving in excess of 120 MPH in this car and there's only a couple of bolts holding the entire front end on ? YIKES ! But after many other projects I've learned that if it's done RIGHT, there's nothing to worry about.

HCB
03-22-2007, 11:46
It really needs a rear-facing 2nd row seat, and a removable card table inbetween!
That is an excellent suggestion. It would make it less like a "limo" which he is promoing it as, and more like a mini-RV.

Craig M
03-22-2007, 11:57
It's a shame that he added the 3rd row of seats. With just 2 sets of seats this rig could have put the Dodge Mega cab to shame. Lots of leg room, tilt back seats, an all the other luxuries one could want. That and the full size (I still call full size 8' not 6.5') bed make a great truck.

Prestonia24
03-22-2007, 15:56
It's a shame that he added the 3rd row of seats. With just 2 sets of seats this rig could have put the Dodge Mega cab to shame. Lots of leg room, tilt back seats, an all the other luxuries one could want. That and the full size (I still call full size 8' not 6.5') bed make a great truck.

True, but I think this is more in the line of a Duramax powered tahoe, with the capability of pulling a real heavy trailer (you can't pull a 5'er with a Suburban).

I'd think that the interior volume of the passenger cabin is nearly comparable with a Tahoe (with the 8 passenger config) with a slight edge on the Tahoe for interior space.

This is probably a very good vehicle for someone who has the needs of a suburban (for carrying people) but also needs to tow a heavy trailer (Travel Trailer/Toy Hauler etc).

Seating for 8 + towing a 10,000+ 5'er... sounds like a deal maker to some.

Anyone know, or can tell from the pics, if he Added Fuel Capacity to the truck, or does it seem like he left the Std 34gal tank (that comes with long beds) on there? If i'mma have that big of a truck, i'd like to have the capacity to go for a days worth of driving before having to stop for fuel.