PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Line Kit

maverick
03-09-2007, 17:22
Hello guys, I'm in Quebec and I need your help. I'm the owner of a 1986 Chevrolet Blazer K5 with a 6.2 Diesel engine. I've a problem with my truck specially with the exhaust line. This truck is configured to run with a Double Exhaust Line (1 by 4 cylinders). The problem with that it's that the exhaut line don't become to the right temperature, it's too cold because there is not as much exaust gas in it. I know that in the "newer" 6.2, trucks run with a simple (and bigger) exhaust line. So my question is, Is it possible to find a conversion kit (bolt-on) to have a simple exhaust line that could fit on my truck that would avoid me of changing my exhaust line each tow years.

My english is far to be perfect, sorry guys, I try to be understood.
Thanks for your help.

Maverick
'86 Chevy Blazer K5 6.2L Diesel

HammerWerf
03-09-2007, 19:20
Cher Maverick,

Welcome to The Diesel Page. Lots of good people and information in here.

From a posting on the board, a stock small block Chevy (350cid/5.7L) gas engine exhaust will just about bolt up. These should be available at your local muffler shop.

See the following post:

http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/tdpforum/showthread.php?t=26399&highlight=exhaust

Help us understand, why do you want the exhaust pipes to be hotter?

If you wish, I'll have my daughter translate some of this into French when she returns to Prague, Cz Rep. after the weekend.

HammerWerf

RoverIIa
03-09-2007, 20:37
He wants the pipes to be hotter because in the snow water vapor condenses in cold tailpipes and you get to replace a muffler or entire pipes about every other season. I had the same problem on a 78 gasser.

Another option is to use a stainless steel system, you can justify the cost quickly when you are paying for a lot of standard systems.

Good Luck.

-nate

More Power
03-09-2007, 22:11
I don't know if it's still available, but at one time, Banks www.getpower.com (http://www.getpower.com) offered a Y-pipe and single exhaust system for the non-turbo 6.2L diesels.

Jim

maverick
03-09-2007, 23:21
Sorry, I forgot to said that my truck is a 4 Wheels Drive one ... So the major proble with Y Pipe to convert it is that there's not ****in' space near the Transfer Case. I Hope it'll help you to undertand waht my problem is.

Note : I want to have a simple exhaust because with the condensation of winter/ a not-long-running-time the exhaust rust and need to be replace each tow years.

Thanks again,
Maverick
'86 Chevy Blazer K5 4WD 6.2 Diesel

mstockton
03-11-2007, 22:04
I would definately try the stainless steel exhaust route, that way your exhaust is still original, but it should last much longer than a regular steel exhaust. less modification that way.