PDA

View Full Version : Downloadable Parts manual 6.5T

symseek
03-03-2007, 12:29
Hello ,
anyone got a downloadable GM parts manual for a GM 6.5T . I have the engine # if that is required...thanks

robertb6963
03-05-2007, 14:44
Haynes has a diesel techbook but I think its a waste of money. It covers 6.9, 7.3, 7.3turbo, 6.2, 6.5, 6.5turbo, and for some strange reason the 350, Idk.

I don't kno of any downloadable manuals but I sure wish I did!!!!!!!!!!!!

More Power
03-05-2007, 15:06
There are a few guys selling downloadable copies of the related Army manuals on eBay. Does anyone know the copyright issues? Can US gov docs be copyrighted?

The Haynes books covering the GM trucks are worthwhile if only for the wiring diagrams. I agree with you about their diesel handbooks, but I have the one you mentioned as well as many other diesel-related books offered by the aftermarket. It just takes one good hint or tip to make them worthwhile. :)

Jim

moondoggie
03-05-2007, 17:59
Good Day!

Beware free tech manuals & something called unintended consequences. You can get my advice free, which is pretty much what it's worth. ;) If folks don't have to pay for factory manuals anymore, how much effort can a mfg afford to put into writing them?

I've bought a Helms (who produces GM's manuals) for every vehicle I've owned in the last 20+ years. I've paid as much as $120 for them. Every one has been worth a LOT more than I paid.

Recently, on advice here, I signed up for ALLDATADIY for our 02 Century. It cost ~ $45 for three years, & they tell me I get all the TSB's, which I DON'T get with my printed Helms manuals. In fact, I'm told the information is identical to the printed manuals. To me, this is an even better deal.

Good Luck & Blessings!

Shikaroka
03-07-2007, 08:53
Recently, on advice here, I signed up for ALLDATADIY for our 02 Century. It cost ~ $45 for three years, & they tell me I get all the TSB's, which I DON'T get with my printed Helms manuals. In fact, I'm told the information is identical to the printed manuals. To me, this is an even better deal.

Yeh, I have ALLDATA for 3 cars so far, and I may add some more.
I like it alot. And Moon is right, having the TSBs is real nice!

moody
03-07-2007, 10:37
There is a site called steel soldier that has some manuals that are down loadable. They are free. The have some great drawings. You do have to dig through the the naming sstem to find which is which. There are manuals onn the 6.5/6.2engins and on the bodys of their cucv.
These manuls make a good supplument to the helms but i think the Helms manual is money well spent.

DA BIG ONE
03-07-2007, 12:23
There are a few guys selling downloadable copies of the related Army manuals on eBay. Does anyone know the copyright issues? Can US gov docs be copyrighted?
Jim

Security levels are attached to many military manuals, security docs and other sensitive docs not meant for public use and possession by unauthorized types can bring lots of pain. There would be no copyright issues on govt docs cause they are "public docs".

DmaxMaverick
03-07-2007, 13:58
Government/military copyrights........

Government doc's which do not require security access are publicly accessible. However, many documents do not belong to "the government", but are used with permission by the government. In the case of CUCV and engine manuals, the copyright is owned by the respective manufacturer(s). In this case, which is most often the case, copyright respect is still observed.

moody
03-08-2007, 09:12
like playboy
I just go there and look at the pictures
I don't even read the articals

DmaxMaverick
03-08-2007, 09:21
like playboy
I just go there and look at the pictures
I don't even read the articals

What articles? Did I miss something?