PDA

View Full Version : Extending Glow times with diode and momentary switch ?

MTTwister
08-23-2005, 06:02
I was hoping someone could give me a value for the diode I will need for this mod. Installing AC 60G's, and need to extend the glow times with a momentary switch after the initial glow cycle.

This mod calls for a diode in the PCM line to prevent possible feedback to the computer. Hoping someone could provide the specs, or even better a R/Shack part number.

Thanks!

BobND
08-23-2005, 06:33
I use 1N5008 diodes for such projects. They are rated at 3 Amps @ 1000PIV, way more than adequate for most such uses, but easy to obtain, compact, and cheap.

The last 100 I bought on ebay cost me something like $0.08 each.

Any electronics supplier should have them, and the SHACK should be able to cross to them.

CareyWeber
08-23-2005, 13:23
Originally posted by MTTwister:
I was hoping someone could give me a value for the diode I will need for this mod. Installing AC 60G's, and need to extend the glow times with a momentary switch after the initial glow cycle.

This mod calls for a diode in the PCM line to prevent possible feedback to the computer. Hoping someone could provide the specs, or even better a R/Shack part number.

Thanks! Why not just use the momentary switch and prre-glow them with the key off and then release the switch and turn the key?? Thats what I have setup on mine.

Carey