PDA

View Full Version : Question for 465 swap (throwout bearing)

southernk30
02-28-2007, 17:16
Ok Im doing my 465 swap and I think I got the wrong throw out bearing. Im using a flywheel,l clutch, and pressure plate off of a 6.5 and when I press the clutch in, the throw out bearing gets caught on the input shaft of the 465. Does anyone know which is the right throwout bearing?? I think I need a deeper one or something. Also is there only one type of clutch fork?? Cuz I heard there might be more than one. If you have the part numbers for either of them that would be great! Thanks

This is all on my m1008 k30, and im using a mech linkage clutch

RoverIIa
03-06-2007, 00:09
I'm far from an expert on this, but I have converted 3 different trucks to 465 transmissions from autos. I did not think there was more than one kind of throwout bearing. Did you get a matched clutch set, or are you using used pieces?

On one of my early installs, I put the bearing in the clutch fork the wrong way. Is there any chance that you did this?

If the 6.5 Liter that you took the parts from was set up for a hydraulic throwout bearing, you might have an issue there too.

My shop manual does not provide part numbers for a throwout bearing.

Good Luck. These things can be a real pain when you have to pull the trans repeatedly!

Turbo Al
03-08-2007, 12:49
Clutch forks -- there are two different clutch forks one light duty and one heavy duty -- I do not know what the #s are or the differences between the two.
Al