PDA

View Full Version : Looking for CDR hose part numbers

nlines
02-27-2007, 16:48
I am looking for new rubber hose fittings for my CDR plumbing. There are 3 different pieces. One is an elbow shape and the other important one is used to connect the CDR valve body to the oil fill tube on the front of the engine. It has two smaller hoses molded into the side of a larger one. My local dealer has a generic diagram which has neither part shown. This is for a "J" version intake manifold installed in a 1990 suburban.
Thanks, Nick

diesel65
02-27-2007, 21:32
Something doesn't seem right, I think 87 was the last year that GM used the 3 piece system that you are describing. In 88 GM went to a single hose system from the intake to the CDR then directly into the valve cover, the oil fill pipe did not have the CDR vent connection.
Have the dealer lookup pre 87.

nlines
02-28-2007, 23:00
Your right about the year being wrong. I bought a "J" manifold to fit on my 1990 suburban. It turns out to be a earlier model dual plane type. Trying to save money I found the pre '88 CDR set up at Pick in pull. I have all the pieces, just the rubber parts needs to be replaced. I finally found the elbow at the dealer.
The part I need is #14050446. It is a two into one fitting and the dealer does not carry it anymore.

diesel65
03-02-2007, 16:37
www.gmpartsdirect.com shows the number being good, email them or ask your dealer to do a search and see if another dealer has one on their shelf.

The other option is to modify the new manifold to look like your original set up, plug the left side port (weld it closed or tap it and install a pipe plug) then drill and tap for a pipe nipple on the right side that matches the diameter of the old nipple.
Then you can reinstall your original CDR valve.

nlines
03-03-2007, 01:19
Thanks for the info. I ordered the part from a online GM parts supplier.
I have thought about plugging the left side port and changing the size on the right one. However there is a cast in divider which separates the two planes of the manifold. I guess I could drill thru the right port and thru the divider. i wonder if that would be OK?

diesel65
03-03-2007, 17:17
I completely forgot about the divider on the older manifold, I guess there still could be a way to modify it.
Hopefully you can get the correct connector you need.