PDA

View Full Version : HELLPPPPP!!! Cooling Upgrade Trouble

Steelheader
02-22-2007, 20:52
I need some help ASAP fellas. I was doing the cooling upgrade and grinding away at the tensioner bracket. During the course of putting it in and taking it out to try and make the crossover fit, I disconnected one of the fuel supply hoses that goes to the petcock for fuel line bleeding. You know the one that used to bolt to the single crossover? The line that is wrapped in plastic conduit is still in place. The other line that is bare is the one that came undone. There is no clamp or spring to hold it in place at the end of it where it became disconnected. Where does the end of that line hook too? I cannot for the life of me find where it was. TIA.

john8662
02-22-2007, 21:19
Fuel return line.

Chase down the fuel return line that runs from head to head and through the center of the engine underneath the crossover. There are TWO connections on this line. The one from the injection pump, and another one that connects the front fuel return line to another metal line that travels down to the back of the engine.

Probably the line between the front return line rail and the exit going backwards (on the passenger's side near the valley).

J

a5150nut
02-22-2007, 21:46
Steelheader, Your not talking about the drainline are you? If so it just hangs there and you pull it up to drain into a container. Thats the one from the petcock.

DmaxMaverick
02-22-2007, 21:51
Steelheader, Your not talking about the drainline are you? If so it just hangs there and you pull it up to drain into a container. Thats the one from the petcock.

Unless I got the wrong picture, that's what I was thinking. The drain valve has 2 lines attached, one goes to the bottom of the filter, and the other just hangs down along the front driver side of the block. The drain line on mine doesn't have a clamp (and no evidence of one), but I've seen some that do. Don't know if they come that way, added later, or if it's M/Y dependent.

Steelheader
02-22-2007, 23:58
Yep! Dumbazz me. After I posted on all the 6.5 forums I have saved, I went out to the truck and it hit me like a brick in the face. I realized that it was the drain tube for the filter. DUUHHH!!! I feel so stupid. :o

Thanks for the replies fellas. :D

sailun
02-23-2007, 04:09
I made my drain hose a little more useful by extending it down below the engine, so I can drain into a jar. No more fishing it out, no more fuel on the engine or driveway.

Shikaroka
02-23-2007, 08:45
Yeh, I learned (the hard way) what diesel fuel will do to fresh asphault, when I changed my filter. I know better now. :o