PDA

View Full Version : wheels

Ponch
02-16-2007, 16:31
Ok you dually folks that are hauling. Has anyone found any after market wheels that are equal to or exceed the oem weight rating.

Gm sucks on their wheels. Something out there has to be better looking than that. The alluminum that I have found are under the weight rating and I haven't found any steel ones yet.

Ponch

morgan
02-21-2007, 20:36
What the heck are you hauling Ponch?

See any copy of Diesel Power magazine, and those guys in the sled pulling articles are using stock rims, even the SRW guys are using H2 factory rims. You think a sled pull isn't a good test for any part from piston to tire?

Some geek engineer in a GM cubicle office farm gets assigned "rim specifications", and bases the load rating with the consensus of a quality engineer and a regulatory/lawyer department nerds who drive Camrys because they are sensible cars.

I see the load spec as a weak suggestion. More of a CYA than a tested rating.

spongebob
03-14-2007, 18:19
im running 17" hummer wheels (chrome), and i get alot of positive comments.

kburati
03-14-2007, 20:24
There are nicer looking, higher rated wheels available for both the DRW and the SRW trucks. Which are you looking for? Your post says dually but your signature says 2500HD?

etkeeny
04-11-2007, 11:08
I have an 07 CC/DRW and I am thinking about getting some aluminum wheels from this guy http://www.ricksontruck.com/wheels_gm_drw.html, anybody have any experience with these, or have any recomendations for others?

the_croz
04-15-2007, 03:59
I kinda like the ones I picked-up @ Les Schwabs
rated @ 4000#'s each. 16" x 6.6 Sidewinder by weld racing. My rolling weight is 12,980 #'s all the time.