PDA

View Full Version : Guy with lots of questions

6.5diesel
02-12-2007, 20:37
What are some of the symtoms of a failing PMD/FSD? I was thinking of getting a cooler and remote mounting it. I want to know if i should get a new one right away or stick with the old one, the truck has 112,000 miles and the box has never been changed. Is a #9 resistor worth putting in. Also i was wondering what type of increase in power does marine injectors give you and are they worth putting in. Any suggestions will help, thanks

Robyn
02-12-2007, 23:27
a failing PMD can result in stalling and hard starting, Generally a failing pmd will result in a condition where the fire goes out and the thing will be hard to restart or will not untill it cools off.
The #9 resistor probably wont do any good in and of itself and may cause the thing to toss a code. Keep the one it has, most likely a 5 or 7
The marine injectors will do no real good as they only diliver what the pump shoves at them.
The marine injectors are the ticket if you have a pump that has been set up to deliver more fuel.

If you want some power additions do an exhaust upgrade and free up the engine so it can breathe better.
a nice 3-1/2" system will do wonders.

Robyn

6.5diesel
02-13-2007, 22:30
I have a 3in downpipe to 4in straight to the back exhaust already. Anyother mods to recomend, looking to get more out of my truck, people tell me to sell it and get a duramax but i love this truck to death.