PDA

View Full Version : Code 35

Robyn
02-11-2007, 08:14
Well the other night we were heading out of town and had been on the road for about an hour, the SES light popped on for about 3 seconds and went out not to be seen again.
I pulled the code the next morning. (35) (pulse width error "Short")
I am puzzled as to why it would do it once for a short interval then not again.
The truck was running fine and never did display any drivability issues.
When I noticed it I played with the throttle and the truck run great.

I am wondering if this is somehow connected to the Sol D issues I have had?
We made the same trip again yesterday and all was well, today will be the same thing. (We are doing a trade show for 3 days)

Good O'l DS4 systems, ya just gotta love em. Never a dull moment.

Any ideas???

kevin77
02-11-2007, 09:49
Before I tore my engine apart for a broken valve spring and a cracked head, I was getting a 35 or a 36 (don't remember exactly - that was last year....)

After replacing the heads, oil pump, installing a gear drive, replacing all the gaskets and seals,engine mount, exhaust, oil cooler, redoing the grounds and replacing the wiring harness extension (the harness that goes on top of the engine) - I have not gotten the error in the last 600 miles but I am going to wait and see for at least 1500 miles before I announce the problem 'cured'

Mine would always throw the code when I was in overdrive, cruising at about 55-60 mph - did matter if it was raining for the sun was shining.

Kevin

gmctd
02-11-2007, 10:56
DTC35 can result from low fuel level, plugged sock, air leaks, low lift pump output, plugged fuel filter - ice or gel - anything that causes bubbles to pass thru the IP - even low viscosity fuel, in case of dilution.

Tank-to-lp air leaks won't always leak fuel, because fuel is denser than air, so can cause bubbles without tell-tale sign of fuel wetting.

Same between fuel manager cannister and IP, where IP is demanding more fuel than is being supplied.

Robyn
02-11-2007, 22:00
Fuel tank was about 1/4 and we filled it later in the eavening.
The sucker only did it for about 3 seconds and then nothing all weekend.
Put about 400 miles on it and run like a champ.

The thing is posessed me thinks.

Stranger things have happened for sure.
I will just keep an eye on it.
I may need to change the filter, been since july when I fired the fresh engine.