PDA

View Full Version : High Mileage Upgrades

Golden Guy
02-03-2007, 19:57
Hey there all,

I have been blessed with 9 months of trouble free driving from my 6.5 TD. Since it has been so long since i've pumped money into the old girl i've been thinking........ I have recently just read about some performance upgrades for the 6.5TD and I was wondering if there were any "upgrades" or preventative measures I could apply to the normal maintenance of my engine. It has 360,000 km's on the clock and runs like I bought it 150,000 km's ago. It already has a remotely cooled FSD. It goes through about 1 litre of oil every 3 tanks of fuel. Any info would be great. Thanks.

GMC Hauler
02-03-2007, 20:00
glow plugs and injectors every 100-125K.

Oil changes every 2500 miles ;)

More Power
02-05-2007, 12:31
Timing chain slack can creep up on an engine over many miles, which can affect fuel economy, performance and startability. There is a way to easily measure the amount of slack. This has been detailed here in this forum a few times.

Jim

d
02-11-2007, 20:18
I also wanted to do preventative maintenance/ upgrades on a high mile 6.5. Hope this doesn't qualify as a highjack thread. I have done a timming upgrade and glow plug upgrade and had a question about injectors. When you put new injectors on but have an old injection pump still there, is it hard on the old injection pump? Also if I don't change the injection pump is regular stock injectors better than high pop injectors?
Thanks.