PDA

View Full Version : Leaking fuel filter base

2subs4boys
02-01-2007, 21:10
The fuel filter base is leaking on my truck. It only leaks when the vehicle is running and it is coming out of the air vent and the connector next to the vent. I have taken the seal out and have had no luck finding a replacement seal. Everyone I talk to says it is not in production anymore. Does anyone have any ideas or information on a different fuel filter setup? Thanks.

Paul

84 K20 Suburban

More Power
02-01-2007, 23:24
Just about any single element diesel fuel filter assy can be adapted for use in these vehicles. You could use the newer Stanadyne Fuel Manager fuel filter assy installed on all the 6.5's, you could use the fuel filter assy used on the Duramax, then there's the aftermarket versions available from Racor and others.

Those used on the 6.5 and Duramax come with an integral fuel heater and water sensor. The Racor filter assys can be equipped with a heater and water sensor as well.

Contact www.peninsulardiesel.com (http://www.peninsulardiesel.com) for a like new "take-off" 6.5 fuel filter assy. It'll be at a good price, and you can easily fab some brackets to get it mounted.

Jim