PDA

View Full Version : Roof Marker Lamp Location

billschall
02-01-2007, 10:09
I'd like to install cab marker (aka clearance) lights while the beast is sitting around getting the repairs done. Problem is, I'm not sure of the exact location. I've searched the web and have waited all week for somebody to come in here at work with a truck so I could get some measurements, but no dice yet.

So, if anybody would be willing to get me some measurements off their rig as to where the factory put these things, it would be greatly appreciated.

-"still-fixin-her" Bill

DennisG01
02-01-2007, 10:28
Mine are flush-mounted in a Lund visor (sticks out over the window). I could still measure how far they are apart, though, if you want. By the way, I can't recall if it's GM, Ford or Dodge, but I've seen a style of clearance lights where the middle three are in an all-in-one housing, as opposed to three individual lights - looks nicer and "newer".

billschall
02-01-2007, 10:47
Thanks Dennis. I've seen that newer 3-in-1 design, but not on a stock 95. Would like to keep it as original as possible. Thought about those Lund visors, but alas, the little injector/glowplug replacement job as gone WAY over budget..... (junk heads, WP, both balancers, ad nauseum)

TAG
02-01-2007, 12:28
I am also interested in doing this, & i remember seeing the factory kit in either cabelas or gander mountain catalog about a year ago. It was only 35.00 bucks & came with a template to mount them in stock location. Have not had any luck finding that particular catalog though.

JTodd
02-02-2007, 09:21
Mine look to have come stock. There are 5 of them and from the lip of the roof at the windshield to the edge of the rubber gasket of the light is 2" The middle light is centered and from there the next is 3 1/2" gasket to gasket, and the outers are 12 3/4 gasket to gasket from the one before it. These measurements are approx, but pretty close. It is cold and I had to clear off the snow.

0---12 3/4---0-3.5-0-3.5-0---12 3/4---0

billschall
02-02-2007, 12:35
Mine look to have come stock. There are 5 of them and from the lip of the roof at the windshield to the edge of the rubber gasket of the light is 2" The middle light is centered and from there the next is 3 1/2" gasket to gasket, and the outers are 12 3/4 gasket to gasket from the one before it. These measurements are approx, but pretty close. It is cold and I had to clear off the snow.

0---12 3/4---0-3.5-0-3.5-0---12 3/4---0

Great! Your snow-removing efforts are much appreciated. Thank-you.

-Bill