PDA

View Full Version : Oil Pressure Switch location?

bmp34
01-31-2007, 22:26
I am puttin in a new oil pressure switch, just to make sure i heard it is located around the fuel filter area. My manual doesnt give me the location. Could someone help me out, i would greatly appreciate it. Also i am puttin in a new lift pump, glow plugs, glow plug controller, and lift pump relay. I have a 93 mechaincal 6.5 td. What is the procedure to get the air bubbles out of the system, i have heard turn the key five times or something like that. If someone could give me some input on the location of the OPS and clearing the air out of the fuel lines that would be pretty helpful. Thanks.

6.5 Detroit Diesel
02-01-2007, 00:40
Have a 93 as well and have replaced the switch. It's located a little further down the back of the engine. BIG Pain in the butt to get at. Had to use a pair of pliers to move it. Can't remember if I unbolted the fuel bowl and moved it. It may make it easier.

JohnC
02-01-2007, 13:28
The switch is on the rear of the driver's side head. There's a right angle adapter and the switch "points" slightly up and to the right. Remove the bolts from the fuel manager and pull it forward. Remove the switch with a special GM oil pressure switch socket. Get the deepest one you can find. Lisle makes a good one. Use a long extension and a ratchet.

If th truck runs, just open the bleeder on the top of the filter until the air comes out. If it won't run, do the same while cranking.