PDA

View Full Version : Testing injectors

robertb6963
01-24-2007, 18:09
My truck is blowing alot of white smoke and I think it is the pump or the injectors or the heads. My dad told me that I could test the injectors by cracking the fuel line to each injector and if the truck misses out the injector is good. I don't want to have to pull the heads to check them yet so any other ideas would really help.

Does anyone know if this is true or have any other ideas?

a5150nut
01-24-2007, 23:25
Cracking the lines is just like pulling a plug wire and will help to locate a miss. Try checking the turbo for leaks of oil into the intake. Should be some oil from the crank case vent. They make a chemical to check cooling system for traces of gasoline to check for crack/blown head gaskets. You might try a diesel shop to see if there is something simular for deisel.

murphyslaw
01-25-2007, 00:21
my favorite shot only charges me 25 bucks to test a set of injectors, if it were me i'd just have them tested.

C.K. Piquup
01-26-2007, 05:38
Are the injectors checked in or out of the motor?I have a set of hi-pops I just pulled from a blown motor that were 6 months old.The two left/rears were all covered in goo and I`m thinking I should just be able to clean them like any greasy part.The failure all occured at once and this isn`t anything that came "through" the injectors.Am I thinking right,or will these need flushed and/or tested?

murphyslaw
01-27-2007, 02:21
they are tested out of motor