PDA

View Full Version : 6.2 Power Steering/Hydro Pump

mstockton
01-21-2007, 01:18
Well, had to replace the power steering/hydroboost pump today, making all kinds of whining and groaning noises, and i found out that my pulley is bent, plus two pieces broke off the hub while I was pulling it off!, on top of that, one of the bolts for the mount bracket underneath the pulley had fallen out! This just seems to be the way work on my truck has been going recently, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a supplier for a new pulley, I'm going to try GM, but haven't had luck there with much recently, wondering if anyone else knew where I might find a new pulley. Its the early style, remote resivoir with A/C (a 2 groove pulley, not sure if the non-A/C trucks had the extra groove or not). Any help would be appreciated guys (and gal, robyn :) )

-Martin

Yukon6.2
01-21-2007, 11:34
Hi
Go to a wrecking yard,i think any GM double pully off a steering pump wil work.Or if your town dos'nt have a wrecking yard,try a shop that works on trucks,an older shop will probly have a pump or two laying around.
good luck
Thomas

wthif
01-21-2007, 11:54
I was able to get one from my local parts department a couple of years ago. Give it a try. I think the pulley is used on a lot more than our trucks.

mstockton
01-22-2007, 22:58
Got lucky, carquest sold the pulley to me, so I got it all squared away guys, thanks!