PDA

View Full Version : Injectors

BB123
01-17-2007, 19:06
I took my truck to the dealer the other day for stalling and just running like crap they said the injectors are leaking and need to be changed. Does this sound like it would make a truck stall a lot. It's got 162,000 mi.

65TD
01-17-2007, 19:42
First thing to do is fill out your signature with the truck information in it so everyone knows what your working on.

Then there are several things that could make your truck die but some tests need to be done.

Search for information on testing you lift pump for a start.

Does it smoke a lot when started cold or hot? What color smoke?

Does it stall on acceleration, idle, randomly? Air rushing into fuel tank when cap is removed?

Miles on the engine, injector pump, lift pump, injectors.

Starts easy cold or hot?

Hubert
01-17-2007, 20:09
Most dealers don't have good 6.5 techs. I'd say it is something else. It could be lots of other things!!!!! -MAKE SURE you understand thier flowchart diagnostics clearly. What else did they check???
If the dealer can't explain it better than that you probably should take it somewhere else.

Tons and tons of info on here about stalling can't remember if I've ever read that stalling was caused by injectors. But have read lots of stories of dealers on a wild goose chase.

baker2acre
01-18-2007, 13:15
Be sure to understand as well that the dealer will bill you for the goose!!

A non-dealer diesel tech is far more valuable than a GM certified gasser tech!! IMHO...

I agree with 65TD. Lets open up some dialogue and get some info out there... it will usually talk it's way out.;)