PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy 93 crew SLE dually 6.5 TD

vault
01-09-2007, 16:24
I've just started to look for a truck and came accross this one. This is going to be the first diesel I've looked at so I have nothing to compare it too. I know value is in the eye of the beholder but, I'm looking for some opinions since I'm new to the diesel game.

Use: I'm looking for a work truck. Primarly to haul construction materials 2x4 etc. and landscaping materials. Occassionally I would haul a car or my 1967 intermational 504 tractor w/loader not any great distance 25mi. It would also need to be the second family car 2 kids 2 dogs.

Since this is an older high millage truck I know to expect maitaince. I've never worked on a diesel. I have changed the usual starters, plugs, water pumps, etc..
have restored a 73 corvette convert 454 4spd that was almost in scrap cond. Also I converted a jeep Cj7 to a chevy small block 400 with turbo 400 tranny.

The truck the owner says he is a mech a a dealership. the vehicle has 215000 with a used motor put in at 185000 that had 80,000 on it already. It has new glow plugs, injectors and pump as well as new cooling lines. It has power windows, doors, keyless entry. auto tranny. He used it to pull his race car. He calims the paint and interior are in perfect shape- which I find hard to believe with 215,000 but miles in the seat!

asking $5200

from diong the kelly blue book it seems reasonable. I just started looking and have only really seen fords F350's this is the first chev I've come accross. I know it is impossible with out seeing. to truly evaluate it. I just trying to get a "temp" as to the price range.

xtrempickup
01-09-2007, 17:21
i paid $6500 for a 95 6.5LTD w/ leather fully loaded everything 35in tires, 3 in lift, 17in center line wheels, 148Kmiles automatic tranny and excellent body no rust anyplace. Even has smoke stack in the bed and top lights on the cab. sounds a bit high considering the price they are going for now. Mine came from a Dealer out of Chevy Dealer inventory

Kennedy
01-10-2007, 10:37
If you are looking for a really sweet truck with low miles that requires some work (engine) I have a customer who lost his engine. The truck has like 89,000 miles on it and is VERY well equipped/maintained and garaged winters.

This is a really sweet truck that unfortunately lost the engine...

moondoggie
01-10-2007, 11:12
Good Day!

John: check your email.

Blessings!

vault
01-10-2007, 12:00
If I still lived in WI I would seriously consider it.

jmpidgeo
01-13-2007, 16:23
If you are looking for a really sweet truck with low miles that requires some work (engine) I have a customer who lost his engine. The truck has like 89,000 miles on it and is VERY well equipped/maintained and garaged winters.

This is a really sweet truck that unfortunately lost the engine...

You are in Wisconsin? Where is where you are compared to Hudson (near the twin cities of MN)? I would love to discuss possible mods to my truck with you. PM/email me if you wanna talk some more.

Kennedy
01-15-2007, 13:20
I'm 2-2.5 hrs away. I'm in Loyal which is near Marshfield.

C.K. Piquup
01-18-2007, 22:14
I think that`93 sounds pretty good.The 92-93s are the safest bet with 6.5TDs,IMHO.I`d want to know the amount of miles the motor had on it when installed 30,000 mi. back.I have a`92 I bought new w/230,000 on an "all-original" motor.I`ve kept it washed and waxed and the body looks great.It`s possible this truck is a genuine find.Alot depends on how well it`s been cared for.But,miles don`t hurt paint.