PDA

View Full Version : Elec fan for FSD Cooler

scotts
04-22-2004, 07:01
Hi all, I picked up a good sized heatsink and mounted my new FSD to it and things are working well so far. It runs cooler than the old one did mounted on the IP.

I recall reading a post where someone used a thermal switch to control an electric fan mounted on the heatsink. They wired it to +12V so it would run with the engine off to reduce heat soak. I can not find the post and I would like to find out what/where the thermal switch was from. I have looked in town for them but I can only find fancy ones for $30+ that are made for panel and rack applications. These would work but I don't know how good they would stand up to the vibration.

Any help would be great.

JTodd
04-22-2004, 10:41
The fan I got for FSD heat sink cooling has an integrated thermo switch. I ordered mine from Jameco, Part # 166959 (http://jameco.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ExecMacro/jameco/searchResult.d2w/report?sort=BPA&search=166959&Go.x=24&Go.y=5) (link is to part). They are listed at under $10, but I ordered through work, and there was a $25 minimum, so I piggybacked it with some other things.

If anyone is interested in something from them, I might be able to put together an order. Email me at jtodd@one-view.com