PDA

View Full Version : Re: Cold Start Trouble

simon
12-07-2006, 00:03
Up date on cold start trouble posted before.

Checked all battery cables and ground wires in engine compartment, All in good shape no corrosion or loose wires found .
Checked lift pump fuel flow, found it was not pumping fast enough, blew the line back in the tank and installed a new lift pump. no change in fuel flow .

I looked inside the cab and found a loose ground wire wich was hooked up to a blue light installed in a small panel between the radio and the instrument cluster, two more wires coming from the same light lead to the ECM ,one goes straigt in to one of the plugins, the other one is spliced in an other wire of that plugin. I have no idea what that light is for , it does not work.
Maby it is for a fast idle solenoid ??.
Any way after startup the engine started right up and runned fine , the radio had quit the tantrums to. I WAS HAPPY.

This morning I went to town to pick up a new starter for my tractor , They wanted 200 bucks for a set of brushes, the whole starter was $ 440.
Can you believe that. But on the way to town I hit a verry icy intersection and slid right in to a semi truck and trailer and totalled this truck in a split second. I AM ALIVE AND NOt A SCRATCH, THANK THE LORD.

There will be no more questions about this truck from me on this forum, but i am back in the marked for an other one.
I had only collision insurance on this vehicle too, THAT HURTS.

Thanks to all of you for helping out.

moondoggie
12-07-2006, 08:24
Good Day!

"I had only collision insurance on this vehicle too, THAT HURTS." I think you mean liability - collision would have fixed/replaced your truck, liability takes care of what you wreck owned by others.

"Thanks to all of you for helping out." Glad you'll be around for the next go-around; the folks here on the Page are the best methinks.

"I AM ALIVE AND NOt A SCRATCH, THANK THE LORD." Amen, bro. Guess your work here isn't finished, eh? ;)

Blessings!