PDA

View Full Version : Fuel tank question??

Burning Oil
12-05-2006, 21:34
I about 99% sure GM made a 4 door crew cab 3/4-1ton short bed. Does anyone know if the fuel tank is just a shorter version of the long beds and mounts to the same cross members or is it more like a 1/2 ton tank. The 3/4-1ton tanks hang from 2 straps and the 1/2 ton hangs from one strap and has a "craddle" under the tank. I am exploring options to add a second tank under the truck. I have a 96 that I put a Suburban tank where the spare tire was, but on my other truck I don't want to lose the in bed space that the tire will take up going that route again.

Craig M
12-06-2006, 12:53
If you are talking older body style, 6.2 and 6.5 equiped, no there are not short beds for the crew cabs, only the 8' full size bed. The 2 door pickup were available in short bed versions, usually in the 1/2 ton model. Since the Duramax, came out short beds are available for the 3/4 ton crew cabs.

Dvldog8793
12-06-2006, 13:48
Howdy
As near as I can tell the 1ton crew cab short box came with it's own style gas tank. it showed a 22 GAL MODEL specific to that truck. Pretty sure you should be able to make anything work it's just a matter of how much you to do.
L8r
Conley

Burning Oil
12-06-2006, 23:18
Thanks guys, Ive been keeping my eyes open for weeks to spot one and today I found 2 of them. I looked under one and it looks just like a 1/2 ton set up. It should be do'able with some fab work like rerouting exhaust.

Craig M, I should have said 88-2000 body.